Lead Design Technologist, Design Ops
Digital, Marketing and Communications, Product Management and Development
Personal & Corporate Banking
Job Reference #
Kraków, Warsaw, Wroclaw
Reporting to the Head of Design Ops, this person will contribute to critical UX tool landscape for our Experience Design CoE, focused on developing tooling that helps bringing efficiencies to design activities, as well as enables the effectiveness and value of our designers and design teams at scale.
As our work expands across multiple countries, platforms and systems, there is a need to systemize our management of digital design tools and templates. This is a unique role for an experienced UI/UX Specialist or Digital Project Manager to develop and maintain our design tools sets in a large-scale digital businesses.
Own, augment, and evaluate the tools our designers use – we're not afraid to introduce new tools or explore the newest technologies to make our work better and more collaborative.
As a Lead Design Technologist you will:
• work to make designers’ lives simpler, more efficient, and more productive by building custom tooling and apps, developing instrumented quality scorecards, and identifying opportunities for innovation and efficiency improvements
• collaborate with Experience Design CoE teammates to better understand what gaps exist in internal design process, knowledge, or tooling across our design teams by conducting regular retro meetings
• provide tools and trainings that make prototyping within the Experience Design CoE easier and more tightly
Channels and Platforms UBS Switzerland is constantly looking for new talents. You`ll be working in the Center of Excellence (CoE) for Client Experience Design & Optimization. In our agile organization you will be collaborating with product, channel and client need teams to shape client experiences. The role is embedded in UBS’ Channel and Platforms Team, working out of Zurich & Wroclaw. You'll be working in the Channels & Platforms team in our Wrocław office – working hours can be split between UBS office and work-from-home setup.
• excellent communication, leadership and stakeholder management in an complex agile work environment
• extensive experience in representing the design discipline amongst senior business management
• higher education (degree from a University/ FH, preferably in UX Design, Human Computer Interaction, Business Administration, Marketing or similar)
• minimum 10 years of work experience in relevant fields and experienced in leading product design teams
• able to cope with a dynamic and changing environment in an agile setup
• independent and proactive personality with the drive to focus on ongoing professional development within UX
• excellent English skills (speaking and writing); German skills (understanding) would be beneficial
UBS is the world’s largest and only truly global wealth manager. We operate through four business divisions: Global Wealth Management, Personal & Corporate Banking, Asset Management and the Investment Bank. Our global reach and the breadth of our expertise set us apart from our competitors.
With more than 70,000 employees, we have a presence in all major financial centers in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
At UBS, we embrace flexible ways of working when the role permits. We offer different working arrangements like part-time, job-sharing and hybrid (office and home) working. Our purpose-led culture and global infrastructure help us connect, collaborate, and work together in agile ways to meet all our business needs.
From gaining new experiences in different roles to acquiring fresh knowledge and skills, we know that great work is never done alone. We know that it's our people, with their unique backgrounds, skills, experience levels and interests, who drive our ongoing success. Together we’re more than ourselves. Ready to be part of #teamUBS and make an impact?
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.