Amway is a large multinational family-owned consumer goods company and the leading direct selling company worldwide. Amway offers more than 450 high-quality products and innovative solutions in the categories of nutrition, beauty, and home care exclusively through independent distributors and the own webshop. The company was founded in 1959 in Ada, United States, and operates in more than 100 countries generating revenue of 8.9 billion USD in 2021. Amway’s top-selling brands are Nutrilite™ vitamin, mineral, and dietary supplements, ARTISTRY™ skincare and color cosmetics, and eSpring™ water treatment systems.
Purpose of the role:
We are looking for a Data Engineer to help modernize our platform into Google Cloud as a member of an agile, high-performing team. This role involves collaboration with end users, internal technical teams, and vendors to design and deliver analytical solutions for global consumers.
What you’ll do:
As a Data Engineer, you will provide solutions architecture direction and delivery focused on key strategic projects within the Data Warehousing Team. This role will be responsible for some aspects of the data life cycle including design and building of cloud and data architectures to support global consumption. These activities will deliver on ingestion, transformation, and building of high-quality data structures for global data analysts. Your ability to work collaboratively will be valued in this role as you partner with cross functional teams and work broadly with global team members. You will be emersed in industry leading cloud technologies allowing for personal growth and delivering innovative solutions.
What’s special about this team:
The Data Warehousing team is responsible for building a global Data Platform in the Google Cloud Platform to replace an on-premise legacy global solution and localized data warehouses. This platform, called the Analytics Capability Ecosystem (ACE), is focused on providing a single trusted source of data. The ACE Platform will provide standardized, governed, timely and reliable data for the basis of operational reporting, analytics, data science, and Analytical Products. This team partners with center led functional groups for ABO, Customer, and Product analytics as well as all Market Analytic Teams to deliver global analytic strategies.
What you’ll need:
- 1 year experience with cloud-based development (e.g., Google Cloud Platform, AWS, Azure)
- Demonstrated experience with ETL development (e.g., Matillion, ODI, Informatica, Trifacta, Alteryx)
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field
- Experience with designing and building data warehouses would be a plus
Skills to be successful in the role:
- Excellent communication skills and ability to interact with stakeholders at all levels
- Ability to mentor team members in cloud development
- Passion for data quality
- Experience working on Agile teams
- Talent to collaborate with internal partners and external vendors to bring projects forward to completion
- Work with business partners to understand data needs, plan, design, develop and launch analytic systems to support organization strategies
- Experience using work management and collaboration tools like JIRA, Confluence, SharePoint, and Microsoft Teams
- Experience with Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) concepts using tools such as Git
- Experience with coding languages (Advanced SQL, Lambda, Python, Java, etc.)
- Experience with event driven architectures
What can you expect from us?
- Online recruitment process
- Hybrid Work model & Flexible Working Hours
- Private medical care in LuxMed Group
- MyBenefit Cafeteria Platform (with Multisport card available)
- Group Life Insurance after probation period
- Additional day off for your Birthday
- Additional two days off per year for voluntary activities of your choice
- Employee discount for high-quality Amway products
- Annual Bonus depending on the yearly company and individual performance
- Various portfolio of internal&external trainings: professional certifications, access to e-learning platform
- Language courses co-financed by us
- Possibility of growth inside of organization
- International team environment Relocation package for candidates outside Poland
- Numerous company events and office initiatives
- Family atmosphere with no formal dress-code
- Attractive office location in the heart of Krakow (High 5ive, Pawia street)
How to apply
If you are interested in this job, please send your application via "Apply" button.