Why finance at Stryker?
Are you looking for a profitable and growing company with a great culture and reputation? Stryker is the only company with 40 consecutive years of sales growth and was recently named one of the Best Workplace in the WORLD by Fortune! Here, you will have many opportunities to learn and grow as we offer development opportunities unique for each employees needs. Our total rewards offering includes but is not limited to:
- Employee health insurance, plus additional health insurance – both eligible from your first day of employment
- Group life insurance and retirement benefits
- Sports card
- Social benefits fund – this includes holiday subsidy
- Tuition reimbursement and access to online platforms with business courses
- Length of service awards (eligible at 5 years of employment)
- Corrective eyewear refund
- Lunch allowance
Reporting into the Manager Record to Report, the mission of the Financial Accountant – Record to Report (R2R) is to ensure the accuracy, reliability and integrity of the company’s books and records and financial reports. Europe Finance will be the preferred business partner to support Stryker’s mission, vision and promise in Stryker Europe. This will require Finance to focus on the basics of providing financial services and support, deliver value added finance service and support to Stryker Europe.
This position will provide the financial oversight and local knowledge to support the local business in the country, and that of the finance function across Europe. This includes ensuring the basics are in place and operational for maintaining accurate and adequate books and records in accordance with local and US generally accepted accounting principles, actual reporting as necessary for the business, adhere an effective system of internal controls and ensure compliance with Stryker policies and procedures and any applicable laws and regulations.
Who we need
- Detail-oriented process improvers. Critical thinkers who naturally see opportunities to develop and optimize work processes – finding ways to simplify, standardize and automate.
- Strategic thinkers. People who enjoy analyzing data or trends for the purposes of planning, forecasting, advising, budgeting, reporting, or sales opportunities.
- Collaborative partners. People who build and leverage cross-functional relationships to bring together ideas, data and insights to drive continuous improvement in functions.
What you will do
- Executing controls (SOX)
- Business analysis (contract review/calculations/payment requests)
- Performs accounting activities including the preparation, maintenance and reconciliation of general ledger accounts and financial statements such as balance sheets and profit-and-loss statements.
- Prepares, records, analyzes and reports accounting transactions and ensures accuracy and compliance with accepted accounting policies and principles
- Responsible for the Accounting and Reporting process (ERP, Hyperion)
- First point of contact for stakeholders
- Support on audit queries (external, internal)
- Identify and implement process improvements
- Take ownership of the entities on your scope.
- Coaching team members
- Conducts or assists in the documentation of accounting projects and helps drive them to completion.
- Prepares and submits VAT declarations and other compliance filings
What you will need:
- Minimum Bachelor/HBO in Accounting or equivalent certification
- 2-3 years of experience in an accounting position
- Fluent spoken and written English.
- Energetic, flexible, collaborative and proactive
- Accustomed to work on dynamic, fast paced environment
- Familiar with Sarbanes Oxley Act (SOX) and/or other internal control concepts, knowledge of US GAAP would be an advantage
- Team Player
- Shared Service experience is preferred
- Strong excel skills
- Experience in ERP systems.
- Communication, be able to effectively interact with all levels within the company
Stryker is one of the world’s leading medical technology companies and, together with our customers, is driven to make healthcare better.
The company offers innovative products and services in Medical and Surgical, Neurotechnology, Orthopedics, and Spine that help improve patient and healthcare outcomes. Alongside its customers around the world, Stryker impacts more than 100 million patients annually.
More information is available at stryker.com