Why finance at Stryker?
Are you looking for a profitable and growing company with a great culture and reputation? Stryker is the only company with 40 consecutive years of sales growth and was recently named one of the Best Workplace in the WORLD by Fortune! Here, you will have many opportunities to learn and grow as we offer development opportunities unique for each employees needs. Our total rewards offering includes but is not limited to:
- Employee health insurance, plus additional health insurance – both eligible from your first day of employment
- Group life insurance and retirement benefits
- Sports card
- Social benefits fund – this includes holiday subsidy
- Tuition reimbursement and access to online platforms with business courses
- Length of service awards (eligible at 5 years of employment)
- Corrective eyewear refund
- Lunch allowance
The mission of the Senior Financial Accountant – Record to Report (R2R) is to ensure the accuracy, reliability and integrity of the company’s books, records and financial reports (local and USGAAP).
Who we need
- Detail-oriented process improvers. Critical thinkers who naturally see opportunities to develop and optimize work processes – finding ways to simplify, standardize and automate.
- Strategic thinkers. People who enjoy analyzing data or trends for the purposes of planning, forecasting, advising, budgeting, reporting, or sales opportunities.
- Collaborative partners. People who build and leverage cross-functional relationships to bring together ideas, data and insights to drive continuous improvement in functions.
What you will do:
- Leads the accounting activities including the preparation, maintenance and reconciliation of general ledger accounts for your entities. Takes ownership of the entities within your scope
- Prepares, records and reports accounting transactions and ensures accuracy and compliance with accepted accounting policies and principles
- Responsible for the Accounting and Reporting process (ERP, Hyperion)
- Prepares and review balance sheet reconciliations in compliance with corporate policies
- Reviews the reports and journal entries prepared by the Financial Accountants
- Maintains and performs an effective system of Internal Controls (SOX)
- Lead and coordinate audit queries (external, internal)
- Leads discussions and collaboration with relevant stakeholders and Local Finance Teams to ensure accuracy and timeliness of information
- Supports local taxation compliance (including VAT, etc.)
- Takes initiative and leads in the documentation of accounting projects and drives them to completion
- Identify and implement process improvements
- Team support for the region from operational point of view
- Support the manager regarding hiring process
- Coordinate escalations
- Coaching team members
- Drive standardization initiatives
What you will need:
- Fluency in English is mandatory
- Minimum Bachelor/HBO in Accounting or equivalent certification
- Minimum 4 years of experience in an accounting position (e.g., GL, A2R)
- Strong Excel skills
- Experience in ERP systems
- Knowledge of USGAAP would be an advantage
- Familiar with Sarbanes Oxley Act and/or other internal control concepts
- Accustomed to working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment (Shared Service experience is preferred)
- Energetic, flexible, collaborative and proactive
- Team Player
- Able to effectively interact with all levels within the company
- Leadership capabilities
Stryker is one of the world’s leading medical technology companies and, together with our customers, is driven to make healthcare better.
The company offers innovative products and services in Medical and Surgical, Neurotechnology, Orthopedics, and Spine that help improve patient and healthcare outcomes. Alongside its customers around the world, Stryker impacts more than 100 million patients annually.
More information is available at stryker.com