Why finance at Stryker?
Are you looking for a profitable and growing company with a great culture and reputation? Stryker is the only company with 40 consecutive years of sales growth and was recently named one of the Best Workplace in the WORLD by Fortune! Here, you will have many opportunities to learn and grow as we offer development opportunities unique for each employees needs. Our total rewards offering includes but is not limited to:
- Employee health insurance, plus additional health insurance – both eligible from your first day of employment
- Group life insurance and retirement benefits
- Sports card
- Social benefits fund – this includes holiday subsidy
- Tuition reimbursement and access to online platforms with business courses
- Length of service awards (eligible at 5 years of employment)
- Corrective eyewear refund
- Lunch allowance
Reporting into the Manager Record to Report, the mission of the Junior Financial Accountant – Record to Report (R2R) is to ensure the accuracy, reliability and integrity of the company’s books and records and financial reports. Europe Finance will be the preferred business partner to support Stryker’s mission, vision and promise in Stryker Europe.
This position will provide the financial oversight and local knowledge to support the local business in the country, and that of the finance function across Europe. This includes ensuring the basics are in place and operational for maintaining accurate and adequate books and records in accordance with local and US generally accepted accounting principles, actual reporting as necessary for the business, adhere an effective system of internal controls and ensure compliance with Stryker policies and procedures and any applicable laws and regulations.
Who we need:
- Detail-oriented process improvers. Critical thinkers who naturally see opportunities to develop and optimize work processes – finding ways to simplify, standardize and automate.
- Strategic thinkers. People who enjoy analyzing data or trends for the purposes of planning, forecasting, advising, budgeting, reporting, or sales opportunities.
- Collaborative partners. People who build and leverage cross-functional relationships to bring together ideas, data and insights to drive continuous improvement in functions.
What you will do:
- Executing controls (SOX)
- Preparing balance sheet reconciliations in compliance with corporate policies
- Prepare and load journal entries (ERP)
- Loading in the Reporting system (Hyperion)
- Responsible for the recurring journal entries in compliance with corporate policies
- Support on audit queries (external, internal)
- Identify process improvements
What you will need:
- Preferably 1 year of accounting experience (RTR/P2P/OTC)
- Shared Service experience is preferred
- Experience in accounting systems is a plus
- Communication – be able to effectively interact with all levels within the company
- Energetic, flexible, collaborative, and proactive
- Being able to work independently
- Fluent spoken and written English and Spanish
Education & Special trainings:
- Minimum Bachelor/HBO in Accounting or equivalent certification
- Strong MS Excel skills
Stryker is one of the world’s leading medical technology companies and, together with our customers, is driven to make healthcare better.
The company offers innovative products and services in Medical and Surgical, Neurotechnology, Orthopedics, and Spine that help improve patient and healthcare outcomes. Alongside its customers around the world, Stryker impacts more than 100 million patients annually.
More information is available at stryker.com