Join a dynamic and innovative team at Arla Foods as a Cloud Operations Engineer. As a senior specialist, you'll be responsible for maintaining and supporting our cutting-edge Analytics Platform, working within a DevOps team to ensure operational stability and contribute to continuous improvement. If you have a passion for cloud computing, extensive experience with Microsoft Azure, and a desire to work for a forward-thinking company, this could be the role for you.
About the job
We are currently seeking a Cloud Operations Engineer to join our IT team in Gdansk. In this role, you will be responsible for the maintenance, support, and deployment of Arla's cloud-based analytics platform. You will work as apart of our DevOps team to ensure the smooth and reliable operation of our platform, and will act as a mentor and technical guide for junior team members. Also constantly assessing the support offering and providing feedback to improve our ways of working.
Specifically, you will:
- Ensure that all developments can be operationalized by communicating developmental needs early in the DevOps cycle
- Gain, store, and retain knowledge that can be shared and understood by the wider team and future operational resources
- Act as the go-to person for colleagues across IT
- Provide feedback and suggested improvements for ways of working
- Act as a mentor and trainer for junior team members to support their technical development
- Continuously learn and use that knowledge to keep pushing Arla forward
- Be part of the DevOps team responsible for supporting Arla's Analytics Platform
- Support analytics capabilities using Azure PaaS tools, SQL, and/or Python in a Spark-based Analytics Platform
- Contribute to the operational stability of Arla's Analytics Platform architecture
- Review product work, including detailed code, from platform contributors for approval to deploy; provide technical feedback as needed
- Ensure that there is minimum interruption of services
- Participate in building automation into DevOps pipelines
- Innovate and develop new ways of monitoring and providing insights to our platform and solutions built on top
- Step in as SRE chapter lead as required to ensure shared ways of working
Who are you?
- Strong problem-solver and trouble-shooter
- Experienced in operational tasks.
- Ability to work well in a team environment, and to mentor and guide junior team members
- Excellent communication skills in English, both written and spoken
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, constantly evolving environment
- Forward thinking and creative person.
- Adaptability and Collaboration are natural assets that you use everyday.
Furthermore, you have:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field.
- At least 4 years of experience in a similar role, preferably working with cloud services in Microsoft Azure
- Working knowledge of Azure Data Factory, Azure Data Lake, Databricks/Spark, and other related services is essential
- Proficiency with Python, ARM, and SQL would be a major advantage
- Experience with ServiceNow is also an advantage