Junior Accountant (R2R) – Romanian
Why finance at Stryker?
Are you looking for a profitable and growing company with a great culture and reputation? Stryker is the only company with 40 consecutive years of sales growth and was recently named one of the Best Workplace in the WORLD by Fortune! Here, you will have many opportunities to learn and grow as we offer development opportunities unique for each employees needs. Our total rewards offering includes but is not limited to:
- Employee health insurance, plus additional health insurance - both eligible from your first day of employment
- Group life insurance and retirement benefits
- Sports card
- Social benefits fund - this includes holiday subsidy
- Tuition reimbursement and access to online platforms with business courses
- Length of service awards (eligible at 5 years of employment)
- Corrective eyewear refund
- Lunch allowance
As a Junior Accountant (R2R) your responsibilities will include the following. Note that responsibilities may be added or removed based on the needs of the business:
Who we need
- Detail-oriented process improvers. Critical thinkers who naturally see opportunities to develop and optimize work processes – finding ways to simplify, standardize and automate.
- Strategic thinkers. People who enjoy analyzing data or trends for the purposes of planning, forecasting, advising, budgeting, reporting, or sales opportunities.
- Collaborative partners. People who build and leverage cross-functional relationships to bring together ideas, data and insights to drive continuous improvement in functions.
What you will do:
- Oversee Intercompany activities for the entities in your scope
- Support month-end close activities
- Resolve month-end differences and liaise with counterparts to maintain clean balances
- Process monthly journal entries
- Perform FX revaluation
- Process the monthly netting cycle
- Process AR and AP Intercompany invoices
- Conduct balance sheet account reconciliations and address action plans and follow-ups
- Liaise with internal/external auditors and partner with local finance
- Perform ad hoc and root cause analysis
- Maintain and perform an effective system of Internal Controls (SOX)
What you will need:
- Minimum Bachelor/HBO in Accounting or equivalent certification
- 2-3 years of experience in accounting (e.g., GL, Intercompany)
- Strong Excel skills and experience in ERP systems
- Preferably familiar with US GAAP and Sarbanes Oxley Act (SOX)
- Fluency in English
- Fluency in a second language such as Romanian. German or Turkish would be an advantage
- JD Edwards experience
- Accustomed to working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment: experience in a multinational firm or shared service center is a plus
- Energetic, team-oriented and proactive
- High level of honesty, commitment and responsibility
- Able to effectively communicate across different levels within the company
Stryker is one of the world’s leading medical technology companies and, together with our customers, is driven to make healthcare better.
The company offers innovative products and services in Medical and Surgical, Neurotechnology, Orthopedics, and Spine that help improve patient and healthcare outcomes. Alongside its customers around the world, Stryker impacts more than 100 million patients annually.
More information is available at stryker.com