Senior Manager, Logistics Operations
As a member of our Supply Chain team, you will make a daily impact on the lives of others. Apply today and you will get a chance to work with high-functioning, driven people who all have the same mission of making healthcare better. Plus, we have an award-winning culture and were recently named one of the World's Best Workplace by Fortune!
What we are looking for
Leaders. People managers that set direction and lead a team in a trustworthy environment.
Talent developers. Growth-oriented managers who recruit and hire top-performing talent and prioritize the development of their team members.
Network builders. Managers who build connections with other teams and divisions and coordinate cross-functional collaboration.
What you will do
As our future Senior Manager, Logistics Operations you will be responsible for providing a clear leadership and tactical direction to the local distribution network. You will bring your leaderships vision and strategy to create a reputation of excellence and ensure a “Best in Class” organization is created and maintained.
You will support the scalability of the operations division through implementing solutions to further develop, drive and improve customer satisfaction / experience, manage and reduce costs, enhance and develop processes, and support the creation and optimization of an end-to-end supply chain.
- Managing and setting direction on the daily distribution operations.
- Ensure local warehouse and kitting operational activities within area of responsibility, are in line with the applicable Medical Device Directives, applicable ISO standards, Sarbanes-Oxley, FCPA, Trade Compliance, VAT, Health & Safety, and any other local & international laws, rules & regulations.
- Enforces programs for maintaining company standards of sanitation, maintenance, security, housekeeping, safety and adherence to all European, national and local statutes.
- Ensure compliance with global, European, and local regulations regarding health & safety, regulatory and hazardous materials, as well as internal policies and procedures.
- Drives a culture of continuous improvement, accountability, and performance throughout the organization of responsibility.
- Promotes compliance with Stryker values and ethics.
- Build and develop a strong and stable regional team and service.
- Promote and support a culture of engagement and continuous improvement.
- Responsible for building leadership competencies with direct reports and team leaders to ensure that they are engaging employees to exceed their targets in safety, quality, service and cost.
Building Organizational Capability:
- Influences the development of systems and procedures for operating and managing physical facilities, human capital, equipment, and products in a compliant and profitable manner.
- Full collaboration with the Europe and EEMEA divisions.
- A minimum of a Bachelor's / graduate degree in Supply Chain, Logistics, Engineering, Business Administration, or equivalent is required.
- 10+ years of experience in Supply Chain management, Logistics, Operations or related fields are required.
- 5+ years of experience in people management, automated and labor-intensive distribution, logistics, manufacturing and/or supply chain operations.
- Must have strong understanding of end-to-end supply chain interactions and interdependencies and warehousing in terms of set-up, capacity planning and optimization.
- High sense of customer service orientation.
- Hands on work experience with and knowledge of logistics management, warehousing, fulfillment, inventory, planning, supply chain, order management and MRP tools / system.
- Well versed in Microsoft Office tools including Word, Excel, Access, Power Point, Visio or other flow charting software and/or Microsoft Project (or similar).
- Experience with International Standards (e.g. ISO / FDA).
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships that help achieve results and influence employees/managers at every level of the organization.
- Fluency in English.
- A post-graduate qualification in Warehousing, Logistics or Operations would be strongly preferred
- APICS certification is highly preferred.
- Formal training in (and experience with) Lean, Process Excellence, Six Sigma tools, etc. is preferred.
- Leading within a decentralized, matrix organization.
- Medical device standards and regulatory needs.
- Experience in reverse logistics in Medical Device or Healthcare Markets.
- Strong knowledge of IT systems & tools and their implications for business processes (Oracle and SAP preferred).
- Fluency in a second (European) language is a plus.
Who you are
- You build and maintain successful relationships with key internal and external stakeholders and customers.
- You provide clarity on expectations through communication skills (both verbal and written).
- You demonstrate agility and desire to learn and adjust priorities.
- You are innovative and you support new ideas.
- You are a results-oriented leader, focused and executes with a hands-on leadership style.
- You create a culture of learning and problem solving, collaboratively establishing development plans, tracking performance, and effectively evaluating performance.
- A self-starter who enjoys juggling multiple issues at one time, and has the ability to organize and direct diverse activities in a changing environment, often under time pressure.
- You have high integrity, and you hold self and others accountable to the highest standards – walks the talk.
What do we offer in return?
We grow talent; we give you the opportunity to develop your career based on your strengths. Stryker is a career destination for engaged passionate and talented people who are driven to seek the innovation, growth and opportunity that only we offer.
- Flat hierarchies and responsibility: through flat hierarchies, we strengthen the initiative and willingness of our employees to take over responsible tasks.
- Team spirit & engagement: we create engaged and inclusive teams that encourage colleagues to share their diverse perspectives and opinions.
- Recognition of your performance: at our company, outstanding individual and cross-functional team performance is rewarded. Ideas, projects, or other exceptional achievements can be submitted for various awards on a local and global level.
- Competitive salary: with us, you will receive a competitive remuneration package, benefits as well as a pension plan.
Stryker is one of the world’s leading medical technology companies and, together with our customers, is driven to make healthcare better.
The company offers innovative products and services in Medical and Surgical, Neurotechnology, Orthopedics, and Spine that help improve patient and healthcare outcomes. Alongside its customers around the world, Stryker impacts more than 100 million patients annually.
More information is available at stryker.com