Senior Engineer, Operational Innovation
Why engineering at Stryker?
At Stryker we are dedicated to improving lives, with a passion for researching and developing new medical device products. As an engineer at Stryker, you will be proud of the work that you will be doing, using cutting-edge technologies to make healthcare better. Here, you will work in a supportive culture with other incredibly talented and intelligent people, creating industry-leading medical technology products. You will also have growth opportunities as we have a culture that supports your personal and professional development.
Need another reason to apply? Check out these 8 reasons to join Stryker's engineering team: https://www.strykercareersblog.com/post/8-reasons-to-join-strykers-engineering-team
Responsible for creating a work practice and environment that pushes the boundaries of conventional manufacturing & metrology.
Role success will be gauged by this individual’s contribution in coaching the engineering team to effectively meet and/or exceed transferred product metrics including product cost, process performance and time to market.Key Areas of Responsibility
- Provide engineering support for new product, product transfer and process introductions, ensuring that all activities are completed and documented in accordance with the latest Stryker procedures.
- Determines the technical objectives of engineering assignments and makes decisions regarding the direction and the results of the assignment.
- Will monitor and control progress of work ensuring sound application of engineering principles and the appropriate use of policies and procedures.
- Lead capital acquisition activity from specifying equipment, contract negotiation, Installation and validation.
- Will analyse equipment to establish operating data, conduct experimental test and result analysis. May lead or act as independent reviewer in process review meetings.
- Will coach and mentor others on functionally related topics.
- Provide engineering support for product transfer and process introductions, ensuring that all activities are completed and documented in accordance with the Stryker new product development procedures.
- Ensure quality of process and product as defined in the appropriate operation and material specifications.
- Will select components and equipment based on analysis of specifications, reliability and regulatory requirements. Work with quality engineers to develop component specific testing and inspection protocols.
- Participate in PFMEA, Control Plan, SOP and PPAP(Stryker internal process qualification generation associated with product transfers and launches.
- Ensure adherence to GMP and safety procedures.
- Review and approval of validation documentation.
- All other duties as assigned.
B.S in Mechanical Engineering or related engineering discipline with 6 or more years’ experience; Related masters degree with 2 or more years of experience.
- Proven track record of working in a team based environment.
- Excellent Interpersonal Skills - able to express ideas and collaborate effectively with multidisciplinary teams. Be open minded with the ability to recognise good ideas.
- Innovative thinker - should be able to envisage new and better ways of doing things.
- Experience in executing complex problem solving techniques related to manufacturing/design technical issues. Good instincts and sound judgement for mechanical and structural design.
- Good understanding of Design for Manufacturing (DFM), related statistical tools and validation/verification techniques.
- Experience of MES/SAP, GD&T, Process mapping, statistical methods and process/ product validations is desirable.
- Excellent analytical skills, ability to plan, organise and implement concurrent tasks.
- Excellent working knowledge of manufacturing processes (especially metal machining/turning/milling and associated finishing processes), product/process design and engineering materials.
- Must be able to read and interpret complex engineering drawings and have the ability to understand geometrical dimensioning and tolerancing.
- Certified in validation activities.
- Green or Black Belt 6 Sigma qualifications an advantage.
- Experience in an FDA regulated or regulated industry beneficial.
- High level of PC Skills required.
- Excellent attention to detail.
Stryker is one of the world’s leading medical technology companies and, together with our customers, is driven to make healthcare better.
The company offers innovative products and services in Medical and Surgical, Neurotechnology, Orthopedics, and Spine that help improve patient and healthcare outcomes. Alongside its customers around the world, Stryker impacts more than 100 million patients annually.
More information is available at stryker.com