Senior Buyer, FGO, Global Procurement Center
As a member of our Supply Chain team, you will make a daily impact on the lives of others. Apply today and you will get a chance to work with high-functioning, driven people who all have the same mission of making healthcare better. Plus, we have an award-winning culture and were recently named one of the World's Best Workplace by Fortune!
The Senior Buyer is responsible for strategic and tactical purchasing activities for Finish Goods Operation for assigned portfolio to ensure a high level of customer service. The Buyer leads all efforts with suppliers to address product availability issues and ensures that long term supply constraint issues are resolved or escalated when appropriate. The Senior Buyer also has a high level of focus on driving continuous improvement both externally with the supplier and internally within the purchasing function and with key stakeholders.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Manage strategic and tactical purchasing responsibilities for Finish Goods Operations assigned portfolio to maintain a high level of customer service
- Work directly with suppliers to gain an understanding of their internal planning system and how their processes affect/interact with Stryker's material and capacity requirements.
- Generate and communicate receipts, inventory, and any relevant KPIs to key stakeholders
- Place Purchase Orders and maintain accurate dates
- Ensure inventory is receipted on time and any challenges are addressed proactively and collaboratively with stakeholders
- Identify gaps in existing business processes and drive improvement activities to close them
- Work cross-functionally with the following teams and global SPOC’s to support Stryker initiatives: Supply Planning, Sourcing, Engineering, Customer Service, Transport, and Distribution Centres
- Work with team members to maintain item master data, i.e. lead times, minimum order qty/order multiple, safety stock levels, delivery dates etc to ensure 100% system data accuracy at all times
- Expedite or de-expedite product as required ensuring material availability at all times, whilst meeting agreed inventory targets. Escalate supply constraints as needed and within appropriate lead time
- Participate and provide input to supplier scorecard reviews to achieve agreed upon OTD (on time delivery), cost saving and responsiveness targets
- Serve as subject matter expert in purchasing activities and systems. Train and mentor other team members as needed to ensure customer needs are met
- Demonstrate acumen towards cost, cash flow and risk and problem solve independently to support business needs
Qualifications Knowledge Skills
- 3rd level qualification in Business, Materials Management, Supply Chain Management/Logistics, IPICS or equivalent is required.
- The individual should preferably have 4+ years experience in an MRP environment and have appropriate and related PC system skills.
- Ideally proficient in SAP.
- Results, goals and metrics oriented.
- Excellent communication, both written and verbal, interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Ability to influence others through presentation of facts, analysis and conclusions or solutions in a manner that demonstrates command of the content.
- Excellent knowledge & computer skills in MS Excel, Powerpoint & Word.
- Fluent in English.
Stryker is one of the world’s leading medical technology companies and, together with our customers, is driven to make healthcare better.
The company offers innovative products and services in Medical and Surgical, Neurotechnology, Orthopedics, and Spine that help improve patient and healthcare outcomes. Alongside its customers around the world, Stryker impacts more than 100 million patients annually.
More information is available at stryker.com