Internal Controls Senior Analyst
Reporting to the Internal Controls Manager for Poland Finance Center (PFC), the Internal Controls Analyst will be responsible for ensuring that the processes managed at PFC comply with SOX and the relevant policies and regulations, for the assigned entities. Supports projects and seeks process and control standardization.
Who we need:
- Detail-oriented process improvers. Critical thinkers who naturally see opportunities to develop and optimize work processes – finding ways to simplify, standardize and automate.
- Strategic thinkers. People who enjoy analyzing data or trends for the purposes of planning, forecasting, advising, budgeting, reporting, or sales opportunities.
- Collaborative partners. People who build and leverage cross-functional relationships to bring together ideas, data and insights to drive continuous improvement in functions.
What you will do:
- Monitor the effective and timely execution of internal controls with control performers, owners, and functional leadership
- Support the assessment of internal controls over financial reporting to ensure compliance with Section 404 of the Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) Act of 2002
- Assess the internal controls environment and framework for improvement opportunities
- Ensure key risks are appropriately identified and documented
- Assist the teams to ensure internal control narratives, standard operating procedures and desktop procedures are kept up to date
- Coordinate testing with internal and external audit
- Interact with process and control owners to maintain current knowledge of business, organizational and technological changes and to ensure controls and process documentation are updated as needed.
- Train new staff to comply with internal controls requirements and Corporate Finance Policies
- Administer internal control systems including SharePoint and Auditboard
Who you are:
- 2-3 years experience in a finance function in a matrix international company (preferably American or Multinational company) or public accounting
- Fluency in English required
- Public Accounting Experience a plus
- Other language, especially Spanish, is a plus
- ERP technology (SAP and Oracle) experience an advantage, including ERP implementations
- Ability to work well with cross-functional teams, multi-task and meet deadlines consistently
- Good communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills, attention to detail and ability to communicate complicated issues effectively
- Demonstrated ability to perform consistently under varying business pressure as well as ability to adapt to a quickly changing environment
- Effective problem-solving skills
Education & Special Trainings
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or Accounting
- Certified Internal Auditor or similar certification preferred
Stryker is one of the world’s leading medical technology companies and, together with our customers, is driven to make healthcare better.
The company offers innovative products and services in Medical and Surgical, Neurotechnology, Orthopedics, and Spine that help improve patient and healthcare outcomes. Alongside its customers around the world, Stryker impacts more than 100 million patients annually.
More information is available at stryker.com