Shell in Krakow
Shell Business Operations in Kraków is created by an international team of over 5000 professionals representing 63 nationalities. Together with our associates from all over the world we create responsible for business operations’ realization in 11 departments: Finance Operations, HR Operations, Contracting & Procurement, External Relations, Internal Communications, Global Commercial, Trading & Supply, Technical Asset Operations, Legal, Common Infrastructure Management, Retail.
5000+ employees 63 nationalities 20 languages
Shell is an international energy company with expertise in the exploration, production, refining and marketing of oil and natural gas, and the manufacturing and marketing of chemicals global energy company.
Around 84,000 employees across more than 70 countries work together to power progress through more and cleaner energy solutions. We use advanced technologies and take an innovative approach to help build a sustainable energy future. We are working to advance disability & enablement, gender balance, culture/ethnicity and LGBT+ inclusion within Shell and the communities where we work.
Regulatory Chemistry Team provides regulatory chemistry support for Shell lubricants and their customers for 3500 finished lubricants, 2000 additive packs, 6000 substances across 140 countries. Regulatory Chemistry Team provides support to Regional Product Stewards and Lubricants business, interacting with a network of contacts in SDS Authoring, Technology, Product Management, external suppliers, and customers.
- Deliver detailed HSE information that is ‘fit for purpose’ maximizing efficiencies with no compromise to quality whilst protecting company intellectual property.
- Responsible for verifying supplier HSE classifications for purchased products used in our blending plants and proposing final product HSE classifications and any actions for plants on managing chemical hazards.
- Managing customer regulatory enquiries about Shell lubricants products.
- Work closely with Stakeholders (Tech Managers, Global Product Managers, and Product Stewards) to advise on HSE issues arising from individual additive and saleable product assessments.
- Responsible for Shell Lubricants impact assessment process of HSE classification and compliance changes for purchased products and advising Product Manager, Product Stewards, and Global Authoring team if this results in changes to Saleable product classifications.
- Co-ordinate small specific projects within own specialist area including short-term data management and process improvements in HSE assessment area to improve data accuracy, customer experience, and time to market.
- Timely and accurate regulatory data disclosures or assessments according to high-level priorities.
- Produce reports using departmental advanced search and reporting tools.
- English Full professional proficiency is essential (B2/C1 level Minimum).
- German language skills - B2/C1.
- Formal qualification (preferably to Degree level) in Chemistry or Chemical Science or equivalent experience.
- Experience of Operational and/or HSE/product development, quality assurance/quality control (QA/QC) testing, and/or work in the Lubricants business.
- Ability to Classify mixtures according to EU CLP/GHS rules is preferred; knowledge of REACH, TSCA, and CN hazardous chemical management systems is an advantage.
- Strong team working and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to learn quickly, analyze problems/situations and suggest practical solutions
- Detailed knowledge of the chemistry of petroleum substances or lubricants additives is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of product/component HSE/Regulatory aspects including labeling products for transportation, chemical hazards, and (Material) Safety Data Sheets authoring processes. (REACH IBV process and understanding of toxicological and/or ecotoxicological testing parameters) is required.
- Skill of reporting in Microsoft Excel or Access, along with "digital tool" knowledge is highly desirable.
- remote work opportunities
- flexible working time
- corporate products and services at discounted prices
- christmas gifts
- private medical care
- life insurance
- charity initiatives
- employee referral programme
- parking space for employees
- electric car charger
- leisure zone
- integrations events
- sharing the costs of sports activities
- sharing the costs of foreign language classes
- sharing the costs of tickets to the movies, theater
1. Find a perfect career opportunity and apply
2. Be invited to the process via call with recruiter
3. Nail your job interview (assessment center)
4. Get an offer and start your adventure with Shell