Senior Data Scientist - Fleet Solutions
Senior Data Scientist - Fleet Solutions
Shell in Krakow
Shell Business Operations in Kraków is created by an international team of over 5000 professionals representing 63 nationalities. Together with our associates from all over the world we create responsible for business operations’ realization in 11 departments: Finance Operations, HR Operations, Contracting & Procurement, External Relations, Internal Communications, Global Commercial, Trading & Supply, Technical Asset Operations, Legal, Common Infrastructure Management, Retail.
5000+ employees 63 nationalities 20 languages
Shell is an international energy company with expertise in the exploration, production, refining and marketing of oil and natural gas, and the manufacturing and marketing of chemicals global energy company.
Around 84,000 employees across more than 70 countries work together to power progress through more and cleaner energy solutions. We use advanced technologies and take an innovative approach to help build a sustainable energy future. We are working to advance disability & enablement, gender balance, culture/ethnicity and LGBT+ inclusion within Shell and the communities where we work.
Are you a data scientist with strong programming skills and experience in Machine Learning solutions design and implementation? If you enjoy writing clean code, solving complex challenges, thinking at scale, and unlocking the value of data - read on.
Fleet Solutions in a nutshell is the Fleet Card Business. Shell Fleet Solutions is a global leader in business mobility (B2B segment), enabling business customers to decarbonize and providing them with integrated Shell and partner offerings. Using Fleet Card, Shell Fleet Solutions customers perform transactions related to fuel, electricity, and other service purchases on a daily basis. The card is accepted not only by the Shell stations but also by the numerous points of sales of our partners. On top of that, customers use Shell web resources (such as Shell Fleet Hub) to manage their cards and propositions.
As a data scientist with ML engineering specialization, you’re going to be responsible for:
- Developing advanced Data science solutions for problem statements in the area of Mobility and Fleet Solutions
- Designing and implementing modeling pipelines
- Aiding continuous integration and development by leveraging cloud services (Azure, Databricks).
- Setting up and demonstrating world-class standards and best practices in project execution and quality of delivery.
- Clearly communicating requirements, challenges, and solutions to other teams and stakeholders.
- Advanced Python programming and object-oriented software design.
- Knowledge of classical ML techniques (e.g. Classification algorithms, Clustering, Feature Reduction/engineering, Anomaly detection, Optimization models, Time Series Analysis/Forecasting), model evaluation, and the underlying mathematics.
- Knowledge of statistical methodology (e.g. Data Quality Analysis, Data identification, Hypothesis testing, Univariate / Multivariate Analysis, PCA, Factor Analysis).
- Experience using cloud services (Azure, Databricks preferred).
- Data storytelling.
- Project management.
Nice to have:
- Experience with PySpark
- Algorithm optimization.
- Ability to read and design UML documentation.
- remote work opportunities
- flexible working time
- corporate products and services at discounted prices
- christmas gifts
- private medical care
- life insurance
- charity initiatives
- employee referral programme
- parking space for employees
- electric car charger
- leisure zone
- integrations events
- sharing the costs of sports activities
- sharing the costs of foreign language classes
- sharing the costs of tickets to the movies, theater
1. Find a perfect career opportunity and apply
2. Be invited to the process via call with recruiter
3. Nail your job interview (assessment center)
4. Get an offer and start your adventure with Shell