Project Manager, Advanced Operations
What you will do:
- Assume overall responsibility for the successful initiation, planning, design, execution, monitoring, controlling and closure of a project. The Project Manager is responsible to the project stakeholders for delivering a project’s objectives within scope, schedule, cost, and quality
- Lead New Product, Process and Technology implementation initiatives while tightly managing project spend on capital & expense budgets
- Define and clarify project scope while developing and maintaining the project schedule. Ownership for managing and reporting project progress.
- Work closely with Product Development, Advanced Technology and Global Marketing to drive successful project implementation. Actively engage with Manufacturing Operations to evaluate existing process layouts in terms of new process integration, ensuring best utilisation of floor space, minimised handling and optimum process flow
- Participate in the selection, training and performance appraisal process of project resources, including temporary contract SMEs as required
- Responsible for identifying, monitoring, and appropriately managing project risk and liaise with broader AO team on common NPI issues and resolutions
- Establishment of priorities, imparting a sense of urgency and importance to the team while using project management tools and techniques to support the delivery of new products per cost and time commit
- Collaborate with BU leadership to define, manage and own program scope. Create detailed Work Breakdown Structure.
- Develop and manage the detailed program Gantt chart. Analyze critical path, major workstreams, and intersecting milestones. Own the program schedule.
- Create program budget with cross-functional managers and directors. Optimize, monitor, and maintain costs within budget.
- Partner with project teams to create program Quality Plans using a multitude of quality planning tools and techniques. Monitor and maintain plans.
- Develop a risk management plan for the program. Identify, analyze, and understand project risks, develop and monitor a risk response plan.
- Develop a Procurement Management Plan and be a strategic partner in the selection of procurement partners.
- Estimate, acquire and assign cross functional program resources. Define the role, responsibility, and deliverables for each team member. Provide direct feedback to functional manager on performance reviews. Coach and mentor team members. Recruit and onboard staff; participate on hiring teams for cross-functional groups. May recruit, hire, onboard, manage, and develop direct staff.
- Develop and Execute communications management plan for program team, key stakeholders, and business leaders.
- Understand and communicate how goals fit into broader organizational goals and prioritize tasks/schedule accordingly.
Minimum Qualifications (Required):
- BS or equivalent (MS and/or MBA preferred) and 8+ years of work experience
Preferred Qualifications (Strongly desired):
- PMP or PgMP or equivalent preferred
Stryker is one of the world’s leading medical technology companies and, together with our customers, is driven to make healthcare better.
The company offers innovative products and services in Medical and Surgical, Neurotechnology, Orthopedics, and Spine that help improve patient and healthcare outcomes. Alongside its customers around the world, Stryker impacts more than 100 million patients annually.
More information is available at stryker.com