Supply Chain Inventory Analyst
Supply Chain Inventory Analyst
Shell in Krakow
Shell Business Operations in Kraków is created by an international team of over 5000 professionals representing 63 nationalities. Together with our associates from all over the world we create responsible for business operations’ realization in 11 departments: Finance Operations, HR Operations, Contracting & Procurement, External Relations, Internal Communications, Global Commercial, Trading & Supply, Technical Asset Operations, Legal, Common Infrastructure Management, Retail.
5000+ employees 63 nationalities 20 languages
Shell is an international energy company with expertise in the exploration, production, refining and marketing of oil and natural gas, and the manufacturing and marketing of chemicals global energy company.
Around 84,000 employees across more than 70 countries work together to power progress through more and cleaner energy solutions. We use advanced technologies and take an innovative approach to help build a sustainable energy future. We are working to advance disability & enablement, gender balance, culture/ethnicity and LGBT+ inclusion within Shell and the communities where we work.
Are you looking for a challenging and rewarding career in Supply Chain? Do you want to work in a dynamic and diverse team that supports the largest refining complex in Europe? If so, you might be the perfect fit for our Inventory Analyst position!
As an Inventory Analyst, you will be responsible for managing the stock levels of asset critical spare parts with a value of 70 M Euro and ~25.000 stock items. You will ensure that the spare parts are available, fit-for-use, and cost-effective. You will also provide detailed material/inventory analysis reports to support the end-to-end Supply Chain improvement activities.
This is a crucial and exciting role, as the Spares Inventory serves as a strategic supply risk mitigation that has a direct impact on the asset’s operating availability performance and production targets. You will collaborate closely with various disciplines such as Engineering, Maintenance, Turnaround & Projects, and Supply Chain sourcing teams to set up the optimum supply chain tactic for all materials required by the asset. You will also travel regularly to the asset to ensure tight integration throughout the value chain.
- Make inventory materials available to the internal customers as per rules of engagement and agreed service levels whilst balancing the costs and the benefits of holding stock. Preserve cash through smart material requirement planning and effective material lifecycle management.
- Ensure that inventory is available and fit-for-use through managing required preservation and shelf-life activities with heightened focus on safety critical and production critical materials that protect the asset against a safety risk or the risk of plant unavailability, representing the ‘life-insurance’ of the asset.
- Intimately collaborate with the Maintenance, Engineering, Turnaround & Projects disciplines to improve the ERP data quality, to arrive at sound stock decisions and system settings, to effectively manage the materials per category, to coordinate business staging & kitting agreements and to respond to urgent material requests in a professional fashion making best use of local and global sourcing opportunities.
- Coordinate the inclusion of Inventory Management Requirements into existing/future material contracts including but not limited to clear material scope specification, required service levels, agreed & realistic material lead times, material linkage to vendor via Outline Agreement, pro-active communication of material technical obsolescence.
- Drive the deep implementation of the Asset inventory policy and the standardisation of the related materials management processes whilst maintaining an open mind in response to sudden & urgent material requests that require on-your-feet innovative thinking. Develop, monitor & improve Inventory Dashboards & KPIs and initiate and coordinate corrective actions.
The Asset Inventory Analyst needs to effectively cooperate with a diverse network of technical and supply chain professionals. The immediate objectives and priorities in this network will not be fully aligned. Therefore, strong cooperation and communication skills are required to form views jointly with other functions to drive business outcomes. The successful candidate needs to drive teamwork between technical and commercial staff with the ability to influence without authority whilst developing and fully leveraging senior management support for professional Inventory Management.
An average asset has tens of thousands of Stock Keeping Units. Effective inventory management therefore requires the ability to handle big data, a deep understanding of MSC related ERP data (plus adjacent processes) and the ability to swiftly navigate the different systems in use. The ability to prioritize and stay the course is required for structural improvements in the Inventory Management space.
If you are thrilled and excited about this job opportunity, but you think you don’t meet all the requirements, don’t let that stop you from applying. We offer extensive on-the-job training and support to help you succeed in this role. The right mindset and passion for Supply Chain are the key ingredients we are looking for!
Key Experiences and Qualifications:
- Team player, strong delivery focus and analytical skills, particularly with data extraction from various databases to form robust analyses for performance insights and recommendations. Focused on tangible value outcomes for the enterprise, translates strategy to outcomes. Continuous Improvement / Lean mindset.
- Skilled in MSC related SAP modules, Business Warehouse, IOTA or other Inventory Management applications.
- Very good communication skills and command in English required. Dutch language skills are a plus.
- Understanding of Planning & Scheduling, MMR and BoM best practices. Experience in using the principles of stock level management and inventory management/planning. Experience in execution of key inventory management activities, including: Material Requirement Planning, Physical inventory counting, materials repairs & returns management, forecasting, demand management, lead-time analysis, data quality analysis & follow-up.
- Specific discipline knowledge (e.g. mechanical, instrumentation, electrical, rotating and static equipment or in well engineering) will be highly valued. Field experience in Maintenance or Projects will be highly valued.
- Understanding of material valuation rules & principles. Ability to translate material related purchases into the financial framework of reference. Ensure business controls are maintained and the process relative to inventory write-offs/write-ons is followed.
- remote work opportunities
- flexible working time
- corporate products and services at discounted prices
- christmas gifts
- private medical care
- life insurance
- charity initiatives
- employee referral programme
- parking space for employees
- electric car charger
- leisure zone
- integrations events
- sharing the costs of sports activities
- sharing the costs of foreign language classes
- sharing the costs of tickets to the movies, theater
1. Find a perfect career opportunity and apply
2. Be invited to the process via call with recruiter
3. Nail your job interview (assessment center)
4. Get an offer and start your adventure with Shell