Shell in Krakow
Shell Business Operations in Kraków is created by an international team of over 5000 professionals representing 63 nationalities. Together with our associates from all over the world we create responsible for business operations’ realization in 11 departments: Finance Operations, HR Operations, Contracting & Procurement, External Relations, Internal Communications, Global Commercial, Trading & Supply, Technical Asset Operations, Legal, Common Infrastructure Management, Retail.
5000+ employees 63 nationalities 20 languages
Shell is an international energy company with expertise in the exploration, production, refining and marketing of oil and natural gas, and the manufacturing and marketing of chemicals global energy company.
Around 84,000 employees across more than 70 countries work together to power progress through more and cleaner energy solutions. We use advanced technologies and take an innovative approach to help build a sustainable energy future. We are working to advance disability & enablement, gender balance, culture/ethnicity and LGBT+ inclusion within Shell and the communities where we work.
Are you a data scientist with strong programming skills and experience in design and implementation of ML pipelines? If you enjoy writing clean code, solving complex challenges and think at scale read on.
What would you work on?
As a data scientist with ML engineering specialization, you’re going to be responsible for:
- Developing advanced Data science solutions for problem statements in Finance.
- Designing and implementing modeling pipelines.
- Integrating manual experiments into automated pipelines and supporting other data scientists.
- Aiding continuous integration and development by leveraging cloud services (Azure).
- Setting up and demonstrating world-class standards and best practices in project execution and quality of delivery.
- Clearly communicating requirements, challenges, and solutions to other teams and stakeholders.
Our team focuses on cooperating closely with business-facing data science teams and providing them with custom tools as well as integrating their models into fully automatized, cloud deployed ML products. We work mainly on enterprise level solutions involving financial data.
We are looking for:
Passionate, self-motivated individual with previous experience in a similar position (Data Scientist/ML Engineer/Python Developer). You welcome challenges and can adapt quickly, always balancing the quality of your work with the timeliness of delivery.
Your strongest skills ideally are:
- Advanced Python programming and object-oriented software design
- Knowledge of classical ML techniques (emphasis on time-series forecasting), model evaluation, and underlying mathematics
- Experience using cloud services (Azure preferred)
- Use of container technologies like Docker and Kubernetes
Nice to have:
- Git repository to present your work.
- Skills in test-driven development.
- Experience with distributed computing.
- Understanding of CI/CD concepts and tools.
- Algorithm optimization.
- Understanding of finance/financial accounting.
- Ability to read and design UML documentation.
- remote work opportunities
- flexible working time
- corporate products and services at discounted prices
- christmas gifts
- private medical care
- life insurance
- charity initiatives
- employee referral programme
- parking space for employees
- electric car charger
- leisure zone
- integrations events
- sharing the costs of sports activities
- sharing the costs of foreign language classes
- sharing the costs of tickets to the movies, theater
1. Find a perfect career opportunity and apply
2. Be invited to the process via call with recruiter
3. Nail your job interview (assessment center)
4. Get an offer and start your adventure with Shell