Technical Specialist Reservoir Engineer
Technical Specialist Reservoir Engineer
Shell in Krakow
Shell Business Operations in Kraków is created by an international team of over 5000 professionals representing 63 nationalities. Together with our associates from all over the world we create responsible for business operations’ realization in 11 departments: Finance Operations, HR Operations, Contracting & Procurement, External Relations, Internal Communications, Global Commercial, Trading & Supply, Technical Asset Operations, Legal, Common Infrastructure Management, Retail.
5000+ employees 63 nationalities 20 languages
Shell is an international energy company with expertise in the exploration, production, refining and marketing of oil and natural gas, and the manufacturing and marketing of chemicals global energy company.
Around 84,000 employees across more than 70 countries work together to power progress through more and cleaner energy solutions. We use advanced technologies and take an innovative approach to help build a sustainable energy future. We are working to advance disability & enablement, gender balance, culture/ethnicity and LGBT+ inclusion within Shell and the communities where we work.
The SEAM organization integrates Safety, Environment & Asset Management activities, with a broad geographical footprint, that will support Shell’s business & assets around the world. Technical Asset Operations (TAO), which sits in SEAM, is a key enabler for the accelerated delivery of Shell’s Asset Management System and will help us to reach our ultimate potential in Chemicals and Products (C+P), Integrated Gas/Renewables, and Energy Solutions (IGRES) and Upstream. TAO provides high-quality and cost-competitive technical resources who are not physically present at the site yet are an integral part of asset teams delivering value through end-to-end AMS work processes. The TAO teams are located across 4 locations: Chennai, Manila, KL & Krakow.
Technical Specialist for Reservoir Engineering is expected to be connected with various subsurface and reservoir engineering colleagues in assets and streamline and document the data management process. Scope of the work covers also helps the Well, Reservoir, and Facility Management (WRFM) community in extracting the required data for any WRFM review process, as well as helps the assets in capturing fluid, pressure, SCAL, reservoir properties, and managing key subsurface uncertainties. A candidate is expected to have good Knowledge of reservoir performance analysis and maturation of hydrocarbon volumes. Experience in analyzing and reporting HC Resource volume data, annual business planning, and reserves reporting to SEC are added advantages.
- Work closely with Assets / Reservoir Engineer in maintaining and providing necessary access/data for various reservoir studies/reviews.
- Understand and provide support on necessary reports & workflows during the annual reporting cycles.
- Lead Reserves reporting, Subsurface Benchmarking, and Portfolio Analysis.
- Ability to perform a quality check and connect with relevant stakeholders for verification/rectification.
- Visualize, analyze and load PTA (Build Up / Fall off pressure).
- Support Assets with Reserves estimation and classification, production forecasting, well testing, and MBAL Modelling.
- Participate in WRFM reviews and record opportunities and uncertainties.
- Participate in reservoir engineering network and share key achievements and challenges.
- Be a team player and coach /train other colleagues in reservoir engineering processes/workflows as required.
- University Degree in Geoscience, Reservoir Engineering, Petroleum Engineering, or relevant.
- Required 5+ yrs experience in relevant areas such as field development studies, reservoir studies, Production Forecasting, Annual Reserves Reporting, etc.
- Good Data skills in identifying data sources, analyzing data quality, and providing reliable data.
- Strong process knowledge in Subsurface & WRFM.
- Ability to support Exploration and Development activities.
- Strong working experience in Reservoir Engineering related applications (OFM, MBAL, Ecrin).
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Experience in applying CI methods for process improvements is a good addition.
- Python, VBA, Power BI and/or Spotfire knowledge would be an asset.
- remote work opportunities
- flexible working time
- corporate products and services at discounted prices
- christmas gifts
- private medical care
- life insurance
- charity initiatives
- employee referral programme
- parking space for employees
- electric car charger
- leisure zone
- integrations events
- sharing the costs of sports activities
- sharing the costs of foreign language classes
- sharing the costs of tickets to the movies, theater
1. Find a perfect career opportunity and apply
2. Be invited to the process via call with recruiter
3. Nail your job interview (assessment center)
4. Get an offer and start your adventure with Shell