Stryker’s Internal Audit department is searching for an Internal Auditor in Warsaw (Poland) to compliment the European team. The Internal Auditor will assist in planning and executing financial, operational & compliance audits and other special projects.
We are looking for someone with a true passion for auditing, learning, working in teams and travelling. The position is in Warsaw (Poland), will require about 25-30% travel for work (under normal circumstances) and reports to the Senior Manager located in Amsterdam (Netherlands).
The auditor will have visibility to Stryker’s operations, regular interaction with personnel from various departments and exposure to shared service center, divisional and corporate management.
Stryker is one of the world’s leading medical technology companies and together with our customers, we are driven to make healthcare better. The Company offers a diverse array of innovative medical technologies, including orthopaedics, medical and surgical, and neurotechnology & spine products to help people lead more active and more satisfying lives. Stryker products and services are available in over 100 countries around the world. For more information, please visit our website at www.stryker.com.
Stryker is a constantly growing Fortune 500 company and ranked as being one of the Best Places to Work by Fortune.
About our Internal Audit department…
Stryker’s Internal Audit department is a high performing internal audit function that collectively provides assurance services and guidance to Stryker’s management to increase the likelihood that Stryker will accomplish its business objectives. The IA department is:
- A global, corporate department with 20+ auditors across the globe with experience in finance, accounting, audit and IT.
- Located in the US, Europe and Asia and covers Stryker activities worldwide.
- Dedicated to developing talent and focused on the career developments of its team members.
What you will do…
- Build and maintain effective relationships with stakeholders within the newly established Shared Service Center in Warsaw and a wide range of stakeholders within the company.
- Assist with planning procedures for various projects.
- Perform and document testing procedures in accordance with professional audit standards and Stryker IA policies.
- Conduct or attend interviews with company personnel.
- Communicate work progress and issues to project leads or managers.
- Assist in monitoring management's action plans and remediation.
- Perform and utilize data analytics tools and techniques.
- Represent, uphold and promote a positive image of Internal Audit at Stryker.
- Contribute to IA's positive and engaging work environment.
What we are looking for…
- Willingness to learn. A self-motivated individual who is eager to learn and evaluate Stryker’s global business operations. This will prepare the individual for growth opportunities inside the department and at Stryker as a whole.
- Detail oriented. Someone who is execution-focused and pays strong attention to detail when evaluating process and control effectiveness.
- Basic foundational audit knowledge. An individual with knowledge of basic financial processes and audit procedures across financial accounts.
- Team player. Someone who collaborates effectively across the global audit team and is willing to support internal initiatives in addition to executing the audit plan.
- Relationship builder. Someone adept at building and maintaining trusting relationships with team members and key stakeholders to help foster openness, communication and accountability.
- Strong communicator. An auditor who can concisely communicate in writing and verbally (in English) with team members and stakeholders in a manner that establishes trust, builds relationships and promotes accountability.
What you need…
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in accounting or finance.
- 1-3 years of audit, accounting or other relevant industry experience.
- CPA, CIA, ACCA or other equivalent certification preferred.
- Public accounting experience preferred.
- High proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word and Powerpoint (data analytic tools preferred).
- Proficiency in English is essential for this role, as effective communication across international boundaries is a cornerstone of our operations.