Shell in Krakow
Shell Business Operations in Kraków is created by an international team of over 5000 professionals representing 63 nationalities. Together with our associates from all over the world we create responsible for business operations’ realization in 11 departments: Finance Operations, HR Operations, Contracting & Procurement, External Relations, Internal Communications, Global Commercial, Trading & Supply, Technical Asset Operations, Legal, Common Infrastructure Management, Retail.
5000+ employees 63 nationalities 20 languages
Shell is an international energy company with expertise in the exploration, production, refining and marketing of oil and natural gas, and the manufacturing and marketing of chemicals global energy company.
Around 84,000 employees across more than 70 countries work together to power progress through more and cleaner energy solutions. We use advanced technologies and take an innovative approach to help build a sustainable energy future. We are working to advance disability & enablement, gender balance, culture/ethnicity and LGBT+ inclusion within Shell and the communities where we work.
The Business Advisor provides deals and contract support to Shell Catalysts & Technologies companies, a group of companies that provide leading catalysts, technical services and licensed process technologies to refiners, gas treating facilities and chemical plants around the world. The successful candidate will have experience in developing commercially complex, legally acceptable contracts and provide advice on a wide range of contract and deal related questions and issues. This is a junior role supporting various regions.
- Drafting third party customer contracts (technology license agreements, services agreements, equipment sales, non-disclosure agreements and other).
- Reviewing and assess customer contract terms, providing an explanation of the terms and possible risks to the sales account managers and management.
- Actively negotiating contracts with customers, providing options/alternative terms so the contracts are commercially and legally acceptable.
- Assisting with proposals, as requested
- Providing advisory support - advising on wide-ranging contracts and deal related questions and issues and providing options/alternative terms to better enable Sales to make informed decisions to further their objectives.
- Drafting/reviewing business correspondence, as requested.
- Seeking advice from Shell Legal, on an as needed basis.
- Providing ad hoc support to additional business advisors
What do we need from You? Skills and knowledge:
- Excellent contracting skills: ability to apply contracting knowledge, to commercial and technical information provided, in developing contracts to ensure they accurately reflect business needs and decisions, while consistent with Shell’s legal requirements;
- Strong advisory skills: ability to explain contract terms to the business and identify and advise on issues and critical contracting risks, ensuring the business understands such issues and risks.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills: excellent verbal and written communication skills and strong interpersonal skills to easily connect, interface and build relationships at all levels – Business partners and external Shell customers.
- Managing priorities: ability to manage time and prioritize over global workloads.
- Legal Qualification (preferred Bachelor of Law) or postgraduate studies in Legal Practice with functional experience with Legal role or similar capacity
- English Language Proficiency
- remote work opportunities
- flexible working time
- corporate products and services at discounted prices
- christmas gifts
- private medical care
- life insurance
- charity initiatives
- employee referral programme
- parking space for employees
- electric car charger
- leisure zone
- integrations events
- sharing the costs of sports activities
- sharing the costs of foreign language classes
- sharing the costs of tickets to the movies, theater
1. Find a perfect career opportunity and apply
2. Be invited to the process via call with recruiter
3. Nail your job interview (assessment center)
4. Get an offer and start your adventure with Shell