Associate Purchasing Manager Spine (French Speaking)
As a member of our Supply Chain team, you will make a daily impact on the lives of others. Apply today and you will get a chance to work with high-functioning, driven people who all have the same mission of making healthcare better. Plus, we have an award-winning culture and were recently named one of the World's Best Workplace by Fortune!
Why Join Stryker?
We are proud to be named one the World’s Best Workplaces and a Best Workplace for Diversity by Fortune Magazine! Learn more about our award-winning organization by visiting stryker.com
The Associate Purchasing Manager, guide a team of Buyers in delivering strategic purchasing efforts for our manufacturing sites, ensuring customer satisfaction, KPI attainment, and fostering continuous improvement. Act as the key escalation for purchasing concerns, collaborating closely with partners for common goal alignment. This role leadership will encompass supplier management, stakeholder relationship building, and regulatory compliance, underlining our commitment to operational excellence and strategic growth.
- Ensure strategic and tactical purchasing activity is completed accurately, timely, and is aligned to support the supply plan and inventory targets.
- Ensure team actively participates in operational meetings (ie MDI, Supply Plan Hand off etc.) with assigned manufacturing sites and internal, and proactively provides information on purchase order status and assigned actions.
- Ensure that KPIs are aligned with strategic objectives and are tracked, communicated, and corrective actions taken where necessary.
- Actively manage key stakeholder relationships to ensure alignment of expectations and performance.
- Serve as escalation point for issues related to risk and supply. Drives supplier accountability
- Foster a continuous improvement culture internally and with suppliers that delivers measurable results.
- Attract, retain and develop the best talent, set objectives and performance goals, optimize team structure to accomplish goals, and ensure employee engagement across the site.
- Manages team workload
- Influence the organization across departments to drive standardization and simplification, and support initiatives in line with Purchasing strategy.
- Demonstrate financial acumen and comprehension of category/portfolio strategy as part of decision making.
- Understand and support category/portfolio strategy and provide feedback on supplier performance to category/contracting leaders
- Ensure compliance with all applicable regulations, including ISO13485/9001 and EU MDR, and support audits as necessary.
- Other activities indicated by manager
- Master’s degree (Supply Chain Mgt, Engineering, Finance or equivalent).
- Min 1 year people management/coordination experience
- 5+ years of experience in Operations and/or Quality functions.
- Financial analysis and negotiation skills required.
- Strategic analysis skills required.
- Understanding of procurement strategy and commodity management in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience in multinational business center operations
- Experience in medical device or other regulated industry preferred
- Ability to effectively communicate and present information to suppliers, team members, team leaders, and top management
- Ability to build relationships across multiple functions and levels both internally and externally
- Knowledge of continuous improvement methodologies & cost reduction methodologies
- Experience with ERP systems i.e. SAP, Oracle, JDE.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office: Excel, PowerPoint & Word.
What we offer
This is a fantastic opportunity to join one of the worlds leading tech companies who are continuously awarded one of the worlds best places to work. Our total rewards offering varies by country but often includes:
Bonuses, commissions; healthcare; insurance benefits; retirement programs; stock based plans; paid time off plans; family and parenting leaves; tuition reimbursement; wellness programs; onsite fitness centers and cafeterias; discount purchase programs; and service and performance awards – not to mention various social and recreational activities.
Stryker is one of the world’s leading medical technology companies and, together with our customers, is driven to make healthcare better.
The company offers innovative products and services in Medical and Surgical, Neurotechnology, Orthopedics, and Spine that help improve patient and healthcare outcomes. Alongside its customers around the world, Stryker impacts more than 100 million patients annually.
More information is available at stryker.com