Associate Finance Manager, Inventory Accounting
The Inventory Accounting team is part of the Finance Operations Group, who support the divisional business units in a variety of complex accounting areas, including inventory accounting, enterprise accounting, product costing, master data stewardship, planning & reporting, finance systems, and other complex accounting areas.
The Associate Finance Manager will be responsible for overseeing the team executing the transactional accounting processes, for divisions, to ensure the financial statements are complete, accurate and in compliance with Stryker accounting policies. They will also work closely with the Associate Finance Manager (The Netherlands) and rest of the team, in communicating with the business units, shared service centers and operations on resolving any operational challenges, continuous improvement to the inventory processes and supporting project work that may arise from time to time.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities: (Detailed Description)
- Build, manage and develop team of accounting professionals, including setting of annual objectives and completion of the team annual reviews.
- Delivery of monthly business results, including performance to budget and forecast. Interprets and communicates results to senior leadership and recommends pro-actively opportunities to improve business results
- Guiding within the monthly closing management with other Finance partners, Operations, Supply Chain, Divisions, RHQ, EBC and Finance Center teams
- Calculate, reconcile, and analyze Inventory and Inventory reserves for period close.
- Prepare the more complex month end inventory journal entries, review and approve those journals completed by the team members.
- Ensure all Inventory reports generated by ERP are accurate, complete, and reconcile to the General Ledger.
- Prepare the more complex accounting reconciliations, review and approve reconciliations completed by the team members in accordance with Stryker policies.
- Responsible for the direct reports (Sr. Financial Analysts) by setting direction, developing talent and empower to assist in their development inventory content wise and personal development.
- Support external and internal audits, ensuring all requests are completed in a timely manner, any findings are appropriately challenged, and management actions plans completed.
- Ensure all internal controls and other compliance requirements are discharged.
- Maintain process documentation (DTP’s) and narratives ensuring they are kept up to date.
- Partner with the team in developing strong communication channels with the business units, scoping and implementation of any reporting requirements and executing any inventory related projects (including future transitions).
- Partner with team and local supply planning team to drive accurate Inventory supply forecasts and collaborate on inventory reduction programs.
- Perform ad-hoc analysis and special projects as requested from time to time.
Education & Special Trainings:
- Master Degree in Accounting or Business-Related Field - required
- Fluency in English - required
- Experience researching and applying GAAP - preferred
Qualifications & Experience:
- 5+ years’ experience in Audit, Accounting, or Finance required
- Inventory / Manufacturing experience preferred
- Team Management skills
- Proficiency with Excel/Macro’s (must have)
- Proficiency with Oracle (must have)
- Proficiency with MFG, SAP S4 Hana and SAP BW (nice to have)
- Ability to interpret and analyze data accurately and efficiently
- Fluency in Polish preferred
- Strong ability to coordinate action across dispersed workforce and highly matrixed organization
- Strong written and verbal skills enabling effective communication with all levels of management
- Effective problem-solving skills
- The ability to build working relationships
- Influencing skills
- Ability to establish and communicate priorities
- Ability to organize resources and effectively manage projects to achieve objectives
- High level of honesty, integrity, commitment and responsibility
- Accustomed to working under pressure and with deadlines
- Able to effectively communicate at all levels of the organization
- Able to resolve problems and conflicts in a professional and tactful manner
- Able to identify and implement innovative solutions to meet business requirements
- Ability to work independently with limited guidance
- Ability to roll up the sleeves for documentation purpose and admin
- Good relator with other stakeholders
Stryker is one of the world’s leading medical technology companies and, together with our customers, is driven to make healthcare better.
The company offers innovative products and services in Medical and Surgical, Neurotechnology, Orthopedics, and Spine that help improve patient and healthcare outcomes. Alongside its customers around the world, Stryker impacts more than 100 million patients annually.
More information is available at stryker.com