Staff Supplier Quality Controls Engineer
Why Join Stryker?
We are proud to be named one the World’s Best Workplaces and a Best Workplace for Diversity by Fortune Magazine! Learn more about our award-winning organization by visiting stryker.com
As a Staff Supplier Quality Controls Engineer, you will be responsible for leading Supplier Quality Controls activities and process improvement initiatives within the Stryker site(s)/Division(s). You will work closely with local, divisional and corporate stakeholders in the development of Supplier Controls systems, tools, policies and procedures ensuring that they are fully understood and implemented in the respective Stryker site.
Develop and manage monitoring reports designed for the selection, evaluation, and removal of suppliers from the ASL in order to assure the quality and reliability of the products they supply.
- Responsible for the local site execution and maintenance of the electronic systems related to Purchasing Controls.
- Responsible for the development, revision, maintenance, and inactivation of the local Stryker Site procedures ensuring the alignment with the Corporate Guidelines for Purchasing Controls and Supplier Management.
- Implement strategy for supplier quality controls, procurement and strategic sourcing processes and procedures in coordination with Site / Campus Quality teams and Company-wide Supplier Quality Controls team.
- Develop and manage monitoring reports designed for the selection, evaluation, and removal of suppliers from the ASL to assure the quality and reliability of the products they supply.
- Coordinate with other sites to ensure full compliance with purchasing control requirements: ISO standards, QSR regulations and other External Standards/Regulations.
- Support PMO projects and initiatives to build a best in class Supplier Quality Controls organization.
- Lead site/campus Annual Supplier Quality Performance Review
- Development of communication tools and the effective utilization of them to suppliers and internal stakeholders.
- Support Third Party inspection (FDA, Notified Body etc) and Stryker Corporate audits of the Quality System.
- Train others in Quality Assurance/FDA-QSR purchasing controls related topics.
- Develop structured update deployments to supply base with regulation changes and alignments.
- Responsible of the maintenance of the Company-Wide Shared ASL, Supplier Management databases and other electronic systems for your campuses.
- May participate on Supplier Audits.
- Negotiate and execute technical Quality (QAA) and Change Control Agreements (CCA) with suppliers.
Professional Requirements Required:
- Lead auditor certification a plus.
- Strong understanding of FDA and ISO 13485 quality system requirements and related global medical device quality standards.
- Project Management experience.
- Ability to work individually and in a team environment.
- Strong verbal, written and analytical skills.
- Bachelor's degree plus a minimum 5 years’ experience in Supply Management, Business, Finance, Engineering or related field.
- Experience working in a highly regulated industry. Medical Device industry sourcing, quality, engineering or supplier management experience preferred.
- Proficient on basic computer programs including Microsoft Suite applications
What we offer
This is a fantastic opportunity to join one of the worlds leading tech companies who are continuously awarded one of the worlds best places to work. Our total rewards offering varies by country but often includes:
Bonuses, commissions; healthcare; insurance benefits; retirement programs; stock based plans; paid time off plans; family and parenting leaves; tuition reimbursement; wellness programs; onsite fitness centers and cafeterias; discount purchase programs; and service and performance awards – not to mention various social and recreational activities.
Stryker is one of the world’s leading medical technology companies and, together with our customers, is driven to make healthcare better.
The company offers innovative products and services in Medical and Surgical, Neurotechnology, Orthopedics, and Spine that help improve patient and healthcare outcomes. Alongside its customers around the world, Stryker impacts more than 100 million patients annually.
More information is available at stryker.com