Amway is a large multinational family-owned consumer goods company and the leading direct selling company worldwide. Amway offers more than 450 high-quality products and innovative solutions in the categories of nutrition, beauty, and home care exclusively through independent distributors and the own webshop. The company was founded in 1959 in Ada, United States, and operates in more than 100 countries generating revenue of 8.1 billion USD in 2022. Amway’s top-selling brands are Nutrilite™ vitamin, mineral, and dietary supplements, ARTISTRY™ skincare and color cosmetics, and eSpring™ water treatment systems.
The position has overall responsibility for the Procurement of Indirect Materials and Services across ESAN region.
The incumbent proactively develops and integrates long-term procurement strategies with various internal stakeholders like Marketing, Finance, IT, HR, Special Events, First and Last Mile operations and warehousing. This position leads Sourcing Managers and collaborates with other cross-functional teams focused on cost control, process improvements or other specific supply chain initiatives to achieve competitive advantage and improve responsiveness to customer demand. This position develops and owns the relationship with key internal and external stakeholders including communication of key corporate initiatives, development and execution of business plans to meet corporate objectives. The incumbent also ensures collaboration with key partners to foster supply chain and product innovation and fully utilizes key partners’ capabilities to maximize the economic value to the enterprise.
What you’ll do:
- Applies purchasing/procurement methodology to achieve organizational objectives, best value for the enterprise and achievement of target return on investments (ROI).
- Sources and purchases of materials and/or services necessary for the operation of an organization.
- Works very closely with internal clients to: identify sourcing needs; conduct buy/market profiles; define acceptable service levels.
- Develops sourcing strategies; solicits/analyzes requests for proposals; negotiates contracts and coordinates supplier integration plan with internal client.
- Compiles & analyzes statistical data to determine the feasibility of buying and to establish price objectives.
- Establish a supplier relationship management process with continuous improvement goals/programs.
- Monitors market dynamics and communicates changes that affect internal client needs.
- Confers with suppliers and analyzes suppliers' operations to determine factors that affect prices and determine the lowest cost consistent with quality, reliability, and ability to meet required schedules.
- Reviews proposals, negotiates prices, selects/recommends suppliers, analyzes trends, follow-up etc.
- Lead a team of Sourcing Managers based across ESAN region.
- Development and coaching of multi-regional team.
- Work to improve communication across the organization.
- Help implement effective change management systems.
- Ensure excellent customer service in all regions.
- Conducts training to the Sourcing Manager’s to help them in building RFI’s, RFQ’s, RFP’s, run events and auctions.
- Train the participating suppliers for the various tools that would be used on the eSourcing platform.
- Leadership responsibilities: Participate in staffing activities; engage and retain team members, develop competencies in team members; guide & set objectives in line with employee capabilities & organizational requirements; identify career developmental needs & take appropriate action in order to build an engaged and skilled workforce to deliver quality work.
What you’ll need:
- Benchmarking: Benchmarking seeks to deliver enhanced business results/competitive advantage through the use of an ongoing process of comparing and contrasting our quantitative results (e.g., cost, quality, etc.) and processes, internally and externally, to determine “best in class”; then identifying and implementing appropriate plans to deliver “best in class” results that meet the business needs.
- Business Partner Relationship Management: Procurement manages relationships with our key internal Business Partners to know and understand their business needs. Procurement is able to build relationships by utilizing tools such as the Joint Business Plan process, initiative list management and effective persuasive selling skills.
- Commercial Agreements: Procurement drafts and executes (in partnership with Legal) pertinent written agreements for ongoing requirements (purchase orders, leases, Contracts, etc.); and Procurement collaborates on establishment of pertinent agreements for development requirements (CDAs, JDAs, Letters of Intent, etc.)
- Industry Analysis: Industry Analysis provides the Company with a competitive advantage by obtaining and analyzing information on industry supply/demand dynamics, production technology and cost structure (feedstock, capital) which is used to build effective sourcing strategies, cost forecasts, and negotiation positions.
- Competitive Analysis: Competitive Analysis contributes to competitive advantage by gathering and using information about competitors’ materials, technologies, supply base, sourcing strategies, suppliers, material costs, and processes to enable the benchmarking/forecasting of competitors’ material/services prices and material/services changes.
- Competitive Bidding: Procurement uses competitive bidding, including pre-inquiry meetings, to ensure our price competitiveness in the marketplace thus delivering business results and a competitive advantage.
- Economic Analysis: Procurement forecasts costs, availability and trends of material purchased by Amway, and anticipates significant short and long-term changes that may impact our sourcing and/or business strategy.
- Linking & Leveraging: Delivers a competitive advantage by linking Amway business needs to supplier and industry capabilities and innovation via in-depth knowledge of industries and suppliers. Links Amway's supplier performance expectations with supplier capabilities and drives performance improvement as needed.
- Negotiation: Plans and carries out negotiations, including the development of negotiation objectives/ goals/strategies/tactics to achieve required business results with consideration for the desired impact on new and existing supplier relationships.
- Policy & Stewardship: Understanding and appropriate application of principles and policies in key areas that influence our practices and behaviors in sourcing activities.
- Sourcing Strategy: Sourcing Strategy delivers required business results by appropriately applying the concepts needed to determine/develop sourcing strategies and to modify those existing strategies as required by changing business and market conditions.
- Supplier Analysis: Supplier Analysis develops a superior understanding of supplier capability & uses that understanding to deliver that supplier’s goods to provide optimum total value results to the business.
- Supplier Relationship Management: Supplier Relationship Management is used for managing key supplier relationships to deliver improved business results. It is intended to drive supplier-generated value that enhances Amway’s competitive position with both our customers and consumers.
- Academic degree: Supply Chain/Procurement or a related field
- Years of experience: 10-12 Years of relevant experience, hands-on experience in various areas of Indirect procurement
- Demonstrated leadership skills with executive presence. Recognized business acumen.
- Ability to take decisions in an ambiguous business environment with fast-changing business needs.
- Ability to multi-task and proven track record in meeting deadlines in a fast-paced environment while following the fundamental processes and prioritization.
- Strong leadership and a proven track record for timely project delivery, project management, cost control and customer satisfaction.
- Must be able to work effectively in a team environment and will interface closely with cross and outside functions.
- Strong strategic and analytical skills to develop complex, multi-year strategic business plans.
- Proven selling, negotiation and influence skills aligning stakeholders.
- Excellent interpersonal/written/verbal communication skills with ability to communicate at all levels of the organization.
- Works independently and can work proactively with both peers and cross-functional multi-cultural teams.
- Proven managerial and talent development skills.
- Has the ability to influence teams of people without having direct authority over those groups, to gain alignment and buy-in on programs.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written), highly collaborative, and promotes global cross-functional teamwork.
- Project management and leadership
- Change Management
- Strategic vision and thought leader.
- Knowledgeable ERPs, and eRFX platforms, e.g., Oracle, ZYCUS, GEP, Ariba, or other. environments shall be of added advantage.
What can you expect from us?
- Online recruitment process
- Hybrid Work model (3 days from office and 2 days from home)
- Flexible Working Hours
- Private medical care in LuxMed Group
- MyBenefit Cafeteria Platform (with Multisport card available)
- Group Life Insurance after probation period
- Additional day off for your Birthday
- Additional two days off per year for voluntary activities of your choice
- Employee discount for high-quality Amway products
- Annual Bonus depending on the yearly company and individual performance
- Various portfolio of internal&external training: professional certifications, access to the e-learning platform
- Language courses co-financed by us
- Possibility of growth inside of organization
- International team environment
- Relocation package for candidates outside Poland
- Numerous company events and office initiatives
- Family atmosphere with no formal dress code
- Attractive office location in the heart of Krakow (High 5ive, Pawia street)
How to apply
If you are interested in this job, please send your application via "Apply" button.