Shell in Krakow
Shell Business Operations in Kraków is created by an international team of over 5000 professionals representing 63 nationalities. Together with our associates from all over the world we create responsible for business operations’ realization in 11 departments: Finance Operations, HR Operations, Contracting & Procurement, External Relations, Internal Communications, Global Commercial, Trading & Supply, Technical Asset Operations, Legal, Common Infrastructure Management, Retail.
5000+ employees 63 nationalities 20 languages
Shell is an international energy company with expertise in the exploration, production, refining and marketing of oil and natural gas, and the manufacturing and marketing of chemicals global energy company.
Around 84,000 employees across more than 70 countries work together to power progress through more and cleaner energy solutions. We use advanced technologies and take an innovative approach to help build a sustainable energy future. We are working to advance disability & enablement, gender balance, culture/ethnicity and LGBT+ inclusion within Shell and the communities where we work.
Are you passionate about data analysis and their financial impacts? Do you have an excellent team focus and collaboration skills? If you said 'YES', join our Cards Accounting Team! In this department, you will have an unique opportunity to develop your career by working in a professional setting with various teams and stakeholders.
What’s the role?
As an Accountant you will be responsible for Cards analysis, supporting one of 20 entities. Furthermore this role will give you unique exposure to connected processes to allow your career progress.
More specifically, your role will include:
- Managing different kind of revenue card transactions; including billing and accruals.
- Delivering successful month end closures while ensuring delivery of correct postings in financial books.
- Performing analytical role in balance sheet reconciliations ensuring all control requirements are met on a timely basis.
- Participating in Revenue global projects, including Digitalization and New Energy solutions.
- Cooperating closely with Business Partners and other Shell departments locally and virtually.
What we offer:
- Flexible working hours & hybrid working arrangement
- Complex medical care and individual life insurance
- Comfortable working environment: newly-built modern office with its own canteen, relax rooms, bike & car parking space
- Improved accessibility of office and sanitary facilities
- Attractive benefits package
If you don't see yourself fully reflected in every job requirement listed on the posting above, we still encourage you to reach out and apply. Research has shown that women and underrepresented groups often only apply when they feel 100% qualified. We are committed to creating a more equitable, inclusive and diverse company and we strongly encourage applicants of all genders, ages, ethnicities, cultures, abilities, sexual orientation, and life experiences to apply!
We are looking for candidates who have good attention to detail and will be able to extrapolate this skill to understand the overall impact for the accounting area. Beyond that, we’d hope to see as many following as possible on Your CV:
- At least 1-year experience in Finance or Accounting
- Bachelor's or master's degree, preferably in Accounting or Finance.
- General overview of major accounting processes
- Good working knowledge of Word, Excel, and MS Outlook
- Experience with ERP system such as GSAP will be an asset
- Good command of English (B2/C1) with good interpersonal skills
- Very good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Continuous Improvement focus
- remote work opportunities
- flexible working time
- corporate products and services at discounted prices
- christmas gifts
- private medical care
- life insurance
- charity initiatives
- employee referral programme
- parking space for employees
- electric car charger
- leisure zone
- integrations events
- sharing the costs of sports activities
- sharing the costs of foreign language classes
- sharing the costs of tickets to the movies, theater
1. Find a perfect career opportunity and apply
2. Be invited to the process via call with recruiter
3. Nail your job interview (assessment center)
4. Get an offer and start your adventure with Shell