Junior Reservoir Engineer
Junior Reservoir Engineer
Shell in Krakow
Shell Business Operations in Kraków is created by an international team of over 5000 professionals representing 63 nationalities. Together with our associates from all over the world we create responsible for business operations’ realization in 11 departments: Finance Operations, HR Operations, Contracting & Procurement, External Relations, Internal Communications, Global Commercial, Trading & Supply, Technical Asset Operations, Legal, Common Infrastructure Management, Retail.
5000+ employees 63 nationalities 20 languages
Shell is an international energy company with expertise in the exploration, production, refining and marketing of oil and natural gas, and the manufacturing and marketing of chemicals global energy company.
Around 84,000 employees across more than 70 countries work together to power progress through more and cleaner energy solutions. We use advanced technologies and take an innovative approach to help build a sustainable energy future. We are working to advance disability & enablement, gender balance, culture/ethnicity and LGBT+ inclusion within Shell and the communities where we work.
Technical Asset Operations (TAO) which sits in Shell’s Projects and Technology department, provides high-quality and cost-competitive technical resources who are not physically present at a site yet are an integral part of asset teams delivering value. The TAO teams are located across 4 locations: Krakow, Chennai, Manila & Kuala Lumpur.
Reservoir Engineer - Junior Data Analyst is a role for Early Careers. In this role the candidate would be expected to be connected with various subsurface and reservoir engineering colleagues in assets and streamline and document the data management process. The scope of the work covers the Well, Reservoir, and Facility Management (WRFM) community support in extracting the required data for any WRFM review processes, as well as helping the assets in capturing fluid, pressure, and reservoir properties, and managing key subsurface uncertainties. The candidate is expected to have basic knowledge of reservoir performance analysis and maturation of hydrocarbon volumes.
- Work closely with Assets / Reservoir Engineer in maintaining and providing necessary access/data for various reservoir studies/reviews.
- Understand and provide support on necessary reports & workflows during the annual reporting cycles (internal and external).
- Support Reserves Reporting, Subsurface Benchmarking, and Portfolio Analysis.
- Integrate subsurface data types such as production, pressures, etc. to present meaningful insights using industry-standard data visualization tools. Perform quality checks and connect with relevant stakeholders for verification/rectification.
- Support Assets with Reserves estimation and classification, Decline Curve Analysis (DCA) based Production Forecasting, Well Test interpretation, and MBAL Modelling.
- Participate in the reservoir engineering network and share key achievements and challenges.
- Be a team player and assist other colleagues in reservoir engineering processes/workflows as required.
- University Degree in Geoscience, Reservoir Engineering, Petroleum Engineering, or relevant.
- Experience: Freshers/1-2 years of relevant experience in any one of the areas: Field Development Planning, Reservoir Studies, Production Forecasting, Subsurface Benchmarking, Annual Reserves Reporting, etc.
- Data Management skills in identifying data sources, analyzing data quality, and providing reliable data would be an asset.
- Basic understanding of various data types such as production, injection, fluid, pressure, reservoir properties, etc.
- Understanding of end-to-end Upstream Asset Development.
- Skills in Data analysis (using Python), data integration (using VBA, Power Query), and visualization (using Spotfire, PowerBI) are added advantages.
- Experience in applying Continuous Improvement methods for process improvements is a good addition.
- remote work opportunities
- flexible working time
- corporate products and services at discounted prices
- christmas gifts
- private medical care
- life insurance
- charity initiatives
- employee referral programme
- parking space for employees
- electric car charger
- leisure zone
- integrations events
- sharing the costs of sports activities
- sharing the costs of foreign language classes
- sharing the costs of tickets to the movies, theater
1. Find a perfect career opportunity and apply
2. Be invited to the process via call with recruiter
3. Nail your job interview (assessment center)
4. Get an offer and start your adventure with Shell