Director of IT Service Delivery - EMEA
This role will be hybrid based, but will require up-to 35% Yearly Travel.
The role of director of regional service delivery is to coordinate the planning, development, and delivery of application and infrastructure services within the region (Europe & EEMA). They are responsible for managing the delivery of global services to meet the demands of the business units / countries in their regions. They work with local business stakeholders, business partners, project teams, to develop regional demand and prioritize this into the Global IT demand.
This role will manage compliance of the Supplier against Service Level Agreements (SLA) across all outsourced Services across Data Center platforms: performing regular performance reviews, monitoring service level and service management issues, and developing new/amended SLAs and metrics.
The individual in this position will direct planning and forecasting of outsourced service consumption, quality of service across services and ensuring client satisfaction with the IT services delivered. This position is responsible for ensuring the highest level of service quality, closely partnering with Service Managers, Service Integration Manager, "ITIL Service Management" process owners and managers, Corporate IT, Architects and other stakeholders to guarantee compliance with strategy, policies and standards for the entire lifecycle of the services delivered.
This role will have primary responsibility for the strategic direction in the region and operational environments of all internal and external services, including short and long-term strategies, day to day operations, production change control, incident management, vendor management and the implementation of service delivery improvement initiatives. He/She will be responsible for developing and leading a regional high performing team. The service operations function currently supports a diverse platform which is moving towards a consolidated strategy as part of the overall IS roadmap. As such, the successful candidate will have a focused team of IT resources to support the data center operations function on a global basis.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
IT Management - Identifies and manages regional resources needed for the planning, development and delivery of specified application and infrastructure services. Include these resource demands into the global demand for application and infrastructure services. Within their region influences senior level customers and project teams through change management initiatives, ensuring that the application & infrastructure is managed to provide agreed levels of service. Provide global delivery teams regional demand for inclusion for budgeting, estimating, planning and objective setting. Plans and manages implementation of processes and procedures, tools and techniques for monitoring and managing the performance of automated systems and services, in respect of their contribution to business performance and benefits to the business, where the measure of success depends on achieving clearly stated business/financial goals and performance targets. Monitors performance and takes corrective action where necessary.
Service Level Management - Ensures that a catalogue of available services is created and maintained and that service level agreements are complete and cost effective. Ensures that service delivery is monitored effectively and that identified actions to maintain or improve levels of service are implemented. Ensures that operational methods, procedures, facilities and tools are established, reviewed and maintained. Negotiates with relevant parties in respect of disruptions and major amendments to the provision of services. Reviews service delivery to ensure that agreed targets are met and prepares proposals to meet forecast changes in the level or type of service.
Stakeholder Relationship Management - Acting as a single point of contact for the region’s senior stakeholders, facilitating relationships between IT Delivery, Business Partners, and Business Stakeholders. Ensures that stakeholders understand available IT services and promotes financial and commercial awareness in order to deliver value-for-money. Conducts analysis of demand for services and influences stakeholders to ensure that the necessary investments are made to deliver required services. Negotiates at senior level on technical and commercial issues, to ensure that customers, suppliers and other stakeholders understand and agree what will meet their needs, and that appropriate service level agreements are defined. Oversees monitoring of relationships including lessons learned and appropriate feedback. Initiates improvement in services, products and systems.
Capacity Management -Develops policy and strategies to ensure all the performance measures of IT services meet the needs of the business and performs to any service requirements or service level agreements which may be in place. Carries out forecasts on capacity over the organization's planning or budgeting cycle. Ensures that the policies and standards for capacity management are fit for purpose, current and are correctly implemented. Reviews new business proposals and provides specialist advice on capacity and demand issues.
Autonomy - Has defined authority and responsibility within region for a significant area of work, including technical, financial, and quality aspects. Establishes organizational objectives and delegates responsibilities. Is accountable for actions and decisions taken by self and subordinates.
Influence - Influences policy formation on the contribution of own specialism to business objectives. Influences a significant part of own organization. Develops influential relationships with internal and external clients/suppliers/partners at senior management level, including industry leaders. Makes decisions which impact the work of employing organizations, achievement of organizational objectives and financial performance.
Complexity - Performs highly complex work activities covering technical, financial and quality aspects. Contributes to the formulation and implementation of IT strategy. Creatively applies a wide range of technical and/or management principles.
Business Skills - Absorbs complex technical information and communicates effectively at all levels to both technical and non-technical audiences. Assesses and evaluates risk. Understands the implications of new technologies. Demonstrates clear leadership and the ability to influence and persuade. Has a broad understanding of all aspects of IT and deep understanding of own specialism(s). Understands and communicates the role and impact of IT in the employing organization and promotes compliance with relevant legislation. Takes the initiative to keep both own and subordinates' skills up to date and to maintain an awareness of developments in the IT industry.
- A proven team builder. He/she must be dedicated to recruiting and retaining quality individuals to help build a bench of IT talent for the corporation. The successful candidate must have a track record of building highly effective teams in transformation environments.
- Driven and results-oriented. He/she will be required to drive results and integrate effectively into the culture. The successful candidate must possess the blend of confidence and humility while instituting metrics and driving accountability across the organization.
- Strong collaboration skills are required. The successful candidate must have the ability to persuade and build consensus cross-functionally as an evangelist in a team oriented fashion. He/she must be able to inspire and motivate the organization as the transformation activities continue across IS and within the business.
- Excellent communication skills. Communication across the enterprise will be important as this leader will often be tasked with leading cross-functional teams as he/she executes these large scale programs and projects. The successful candidate must effectively communicate cross-functionally and at a variety of levels within the organization.
- Organization & Strategic Agility. The successful candidate must have a high degree of situational awareness and ability to navigate complex issues and channels to successfully deliver solutions in partnership with business and IT leadership teams.
- High Energy & Stamina. Proven capabilities in persevering through cultural and political hurdles with balanced optimism to drive and deliver on managed service strategies / objectives.
- Execution & Delivery Focus. Ability to understand, interpret and translate emerging trends, future visions and strategies into executable programs and projects that align to the current state architecture and business environment. The incumbent will be results oriented, able to design and deliver rapid solutions for BI & Analytics.
- Executive Presence & Situational Awareness. Must be able to deep dive and understand complex issues, processes and data, but roll-up and convey concepts in a digestible manner across all levels. Must have the ability to sense and adapt to situations and/or changes in direction with calm, poise and professionalism.
Qualifications & experience:
- 5+ years of 'Leadership Responsibility', managing midsize to large teams, influencing senior-level management and stakeholders; medical device or other regulated industry preferred
- Demonstrated experience in a leadership role including experience leading a team, setting priorities and plans to meet business goals and objectives
- Experience and demonstrated understanding of application and infrastructure service delivery
- Demonstrated experience in provider and sourcing management, experience in ITIL-based Service Management role, preferably Service Level Management.
Education & special trainings:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or the equivalent required and ten (10) years of Information Technology and Business Industry experience
- OR Master’s degree in Computer Science or Information Technology from an accredited college or university and six (6) years of Information Technology and Business Industry experience
Stryker is one of the world’s leading medical technology companies and, together with our customers, is driven to make healthcare better.
The company offers innovative products and services in Medical and Surgical, Neurotechnology, Orthopedics, and Spine that help improve patient and healthcare outcomes. Alongside its customers around the world, Stryker impacts more than 100 million patients annually.
More information is available at stryker.com