Procurement Lead EEMEA
Who are we looking for?
- Collaborative partners. People who build and leverage cross-functional relationships to bring together ideas, information, use cases, and industry analyses to develop best practices.
- Strategic thinkers. People who enjoy analyzing data or trends for the purposes of planning, forecasting, advising, budgeting, reporting, or sales opportunities.Data managers. People who enjoy compiling, organizing and consolidating large volumes of data and reports.
What you will do :
- Initial Procurement Assessment and EEMEA Procurement Community Construction
- Conduct a thorough analysis of the existing procurement landscape across all CBUs in the EEMEA region.
- Spot and engage with individuals currently undertaking purchasing activities within each CBU.
- Establish a collaborative EEMEA procurement community, aiming to bring together identified procurers under a unified framework.
- Clearly define ways of working to maximize efficiency and alignment for purchases below 100k and above 100k.
- Initiate regular communication channels, forums, or platforms where the EEMEA procurement community can share insights, challenges, and best practices.
- Other essential responsibilities as agreed during initial phase
EEMEA Procurement Leadership:
- Develop and drive sourcing strategies for EEMEA through CBUs, and adhere to Stryker policies and EMEA Commercial Indirects team.
- Drive supplier management/development activity, especially where category management is owned.
- Serve as the primary EEMEA procurement link between CBUs and various entities such as EMEA Commercial Indirects, Global Procurement Centre, Finance Centre, EEMEA leaders, stakeholders, community, and suppliers.
- Lead and own together with CBUs savings initiatives in Commercial EEMEA under 100K.
- Liaise with EMEA Indirect Procurement Category leads to ensure EEMEA needs are incorporated into EMEA & Global tenders.
EEMEA Control Tower and Cost Down Strategy:
- Design and establish the EEMEA Procurement Control Tower, creating a centralized system that oversees and manages all procurement elements from initial requisitions to final payment to suppliers.
- Drive supplier management and development activity, focusing on reducing supplier count and simplifying the supplier landscape.
- Support, guide, and assist management of competitive bids, tendering, and contracting, aiming to bring suppliers under contract for spends under 100K and focusing on maximizing value and mitigating risks.
- Advocate for and drive the adoption of innovative procurement technologies and methodologies across EEMEA.
- Ensure alignment with global and regional objectives, maintaining oversight over all crucial procurement actions to enable transparency and control.
- Provide regular information/reports/KPIs to EEMEA Leaders/GMs/Finance, conducting bi-monthly reviews of indirect savings initiatives with main stakeholders.
- Engage in team activities aiming for continuous improvement, adhering to best-in-class procurement practices.
EEMEA Risk Mitigation and Compliance:
- Ensure adherence to compliance norms and engage in proactive risk management within all procurement activities at CBUs.
- Educate the EEMEA regional community in negotiations and communication with suppliers to achieve desired outcomes.
- Incorporate sustainability and ethical purchasing into the procurement strategy and vendor relations.
- Identify, propose, and implement cost-saving, and cash flow optimization opportunities, ensuring tracking of its execution.
- Forge a knowledge-sharing framework within the EEMEA procurement community, bolstering organizational understanding and execution capabilities.
- Involve Commercial Indirects organization, GPC, finance shared services, and other functions in knowledge sharing and execution capabilities.
What you need:
- Bachelor's degree- required
- MBA or Master’s degree- preferred
- 10+ years relevant procurement experience- required; 5+ years in a medium-large strategic procurement organization or equivalent
- Procurement Directs/Indirects Category Experience preferred
- Leading operational, transactional procurement teams preferred
- Managing change and implementing new processes preferred.
- Sourcing/Supply Chain certification preferred
- Excellent time management skills with ability to use independent judgment effectively
- Strong interpersonal skills and conflict resolution skills
- Demonstrated ability to lead projects to completion
- Ability to understand and handle confidential information with professionalism
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills and ability to manage priorities and workflow
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work under constantly changing priorities
- Ability to exercise independent judgment
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines