Sr. CyberSecurity Analyst
The CCI SOC Senior Analyst is responsible for the administration of the SIEM solution, including maintaining log aggregation, detection engineering and system uptime. The Senior Analyst is also responsible for monitoring, managing, and configuring security tools, triaging incidents to assess their urgency, and escalating incidents as necessary to the Advanced Security Operations team. The Senior Analyst will also train and serve as mentor to Analysts. Information Security is a fast-developing and ever-changing field, so it is hard to specifically predict all the future work for this position.
Essential duties & responsibilities
The Senior Analyst will work to align the SIEM solution to meet business needs and will play a part in determining the role security technologies will play in our future business model. They provide high level technical oversight, coordinate the activities of the SOC, help create team road maps, and ensure the delivered services are aligned with CCI strategy. Individuals in this position have a broad understanding of key technologies.
The position specializes and demonstrates expertise in the areas of the 8 Domains of Information Security. The Senior Analysts for the SOC has the responsibility for both short-term tactical security planning and long-term strategic security planning.
This position provides experienced security support for IT and Security operations.
- Incumbent provides leadership, vision, and a strong understanding of Information Security domains and the common book of knowledge as well as an understanding of security governance process.
- Ability to document implementation of security controls and enhancements.
- Lead the implementation of SOC initiatives and security measures.
- Planning, analysis, design, development, testing, quality assurance, configuration, installation, implementation, integration, maintenance, and/or management of the SIEM solution and other security tools used by the SOC.
- Meets organizational goals and exceed industry best practices and requirements to ensure the security of the Stryker assets.
- Create and communicate metrics which describe progress.
- Drives the adherence to security policies; security programs and plans; and integrates and coordinates execution of security policies.
Education & special trainings:
BS in Computer Information Systems or equivalent
One or more security certifications such as CEH, CISSP, CISM or GIAC, etc., required.
Qualifications & experience:
Minimum of 2- 3 years’ experience in Cyber Security.
Strong working knowledge of SIEM platforms such as MS Sentinel.
Experience working in a Security Operations Center.
Experience working with third-party providers.
Strong Communicator with a proven track record of success when working with business units.
Experience driving change within an organization or workgroup.
Knowledge to develop and interpret standards, policies, procedures, and strategies governing the planning and delivery of security solutions.
Physical & mental requirements:
Demonstrated ability to solve complex problems and identify Information Security solutions to challenging business problems.
Demonstrated ability to manage/organize.
Demonstrated strong analytical skills.
Strong written and verbal communication at all levels.