Senior Buyer, Direct Instruments, Global Procurement Center
Why Join Stryker?
We are proud to be named one the World’s Best Workplaces and a Best Workplace for Diversity by Fortune Magazine! Learn more about our award-winning organization by visiting stryker.com
The Senior Buyer steps into a more strategic role, continuing to perform tactical purchasing activities while also taking the lead on addressing product availability issues and long-term supply constraint challenges. Regular interaction with suppliers is key to ensuring the right amount of goods or materials are procured, as well as to mitigate any adjustments based on weekly planning reviews. The Senior Buyer is responsible for driving initiatives with suppliers to resolve or escalate issues where necessary, utilizing their maturity and experience in the field to create lasting solutions. The role operates in concert with Supply Planners, Production Schedulers, Sourcing Customer Service, Incoming Inspection, and Accounts Payable teams.
- Maintain master data set up in the transactional systems, including e.g. but not limited to: supplier lead time, lot size and buyer purchasing group.
- Communicate forecast requirements to suppliers basing on information from production schedulers and supply planning.
- Ensure all POs are placed accordingly to the rules and execute Order Confirmation from supplier.
- Act as the first line of contact with suppliers and provides information based on the current supply requirement.
- First point of escalation for supplier issues, supports Associate Buyers and Buyers.
- Prepare reports.
- Represents purchasing function at meetings.
- Coordinates tracing and managing KPIs and metrics, including: on time and in full delivery (OTIF), material lead time compliance, PO compression days, , past due invoices and POs for the team, etc.
- Identify gaps and opportunities and lead continuous improvement projects both externally with the supplier and internally within the purchasing function and with key stakeholders and supportive functions.
- Involvement in projects.
- Serve as subject matter expert in purchasing activities and systems. Train and mentor other team members as needed to ensure customer needs are met.
- Demonstrate acumen towards cost, cash flow and risk and problem solve independently to support business needs.
- Review of back order and safety stock health in order to manage deliveries from suppliers.
- Point of contact for Accounts Payable for invoice resolution: price mismatch, quantity mismatch etc.
- Other activities indicated by supervisor.
- Master degree level in Business/Engineering/Supply Chain management.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in Purchasing, Procurement, or Manufacturing.
- Proficient in written and spoken English. Second language may be required, depending on supplier base.
- Very good knowledge of MS Office: Excel, PowerPoint & Word.
- Experience with ERP systems i.e. SAP, Oracle, JDE. Excellent knowledge of MS Office: Excel, PowerPoint & Word.
- Previous experience in supplier relationship management.
- Previous experience in medical device or other regulated industry.
- Ability to effectively communicate and present information to suppliers, team members, team leaders, and top management.
- Ability to build relationships across multiple functions and levels both internally and externally.
- Knowledge of continuous improvement methodologies & cost reduction methodologies.
What we offer
This is a fantastic opportunity to join one of the worlds leading tech companies who are continuously awarded one of the worlds best places to work. Our total rewards offering varies by country but often includes:
Bonuses, commissions; healthcare; insurance benefits; retirement programs; stock based plans; paid time off plans; family and parenting leaves; tuition reimbursement; wellness programs; onsite fitness centers and cafeterias; discount purchase programs; and service and performance awards – not to mention various social and recreational activities.
Stryker is one of the world’s leading medical technology companies and, together with our customers, is driven to make healthcare better.
The company offers innovative products and services in Medical and Surgical, Neurotechnology, Orthopedics, and Spine that help improve patient and healthcare outcomes. Alongside its customers around the world, Stryker impacts more than 100 million patients annually.
More information is available at stryker.com