Shell Business Operations (SBO) Krakow sits at the centre of Shell’s global businesses, providing an operational backbone to our essential business functions. Working in a vibrant community with strong values and a supportive culture, an SBO-Krakow job will offer the chance to build a lasting and meaningful career. As one of six Business Service Operations centres, located worldwide, a job in Krakow will give you the chance to interact and work with people across the world, helping to deliver excellent support to business clients and internal stakeholders as well as advanced financial operations.
Senior Team Manager will be responsible for setting goals for his/her direct reports aligned with MIT (Manage Indirect Tax) Operational, Managerial and Strategic metrics and provide necessary coaching to enhance team’s performance. The Senior Team Manager will use Continuous Improvement (CI) methodology to optimize the team and the process from efficiency and effectiveness perspective. Senior Team Manager will develop leadership capabilities by giving more support and coaching to respective Team Members.
This position will report to the MIT Operations Manager in the Finance Operations (FO) and will liaise with the respective businesses based across various geographical locations - in scope various entities from LA region.
- Lead a team of Tax Specialists
- Develop both functional and leadership skills in the team required to support the Tax function and the business in the Indirect Tax compliance process.
- Integrate the local Tax Specialists with FO Tax Krakow team and optimize the tax compliance process.
- Build excellent relations with stakeholders (internal and external) ensuring effective communication about business and law changes.
- Coordinate/support Operations Manager, Process Manager, and Controllers organizations
- Ensuring compliance with standard streamline tax compliance process and controls.
- Identify and implement opportunities to continuously improve processes which enable to deliver on efficiency and effectiveness targets.
- Identify and migrate the tax compliance work to SBO locations, ensure standardization, improvements, effectiveness and efficiency..
- Finance Operations Tax compliance (volume/value) filing and reporting process – VAT, ED, local taxes, direct taxes
- Reporting line to the Operations Manager MIT in Krakow
- University degree in Finance, Accountancy, Law or other related field
- Strong accounting, law or tax knowledge required.
- Minimum 7+ years work experience in various financial positions including experience in tax compliance or advisory.
- Minimum 4 years of managerial experience with line responsibility for a minimum of 7+ staff.
- High level knowledge and application of indirect tax, controls, standard streamline and accounting principles.
- Ability to build and lead a team and manage/integrate with others in different functions and in a multicultural and diverse business environment.
- Highly developed analytical skills with perceptive and clear think strategic abilities.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels including communication with senior stakeholders.
- Knowledge of various ERP systems and MS Office skills.
- Experience of working in a virtual environment.
- Strong and proved experience in project management
- Fluent English
- Fluent Spanish
Number of Vacancies:
- Meaningful work in a company that is universally respected as a truly global energy leader (one of the world’s biggest companies according to Fortune Global 500)
- Unique opportunity to fulfill your potential with personal and professional development programs
- Work in a smart and motivated team within a supportive and inclusive culture with strong values
- Attractive salary and bonuses
- Complex medical care and individual life insurance
- Sports programme & facilities e.g. Multisport Benefits Card, vouchers for free time activities
- Good atmosphere at work and comfortable working environment: own canteen and a few relax rooms
- Opportunity to participate in social and community projects