In this role, you have the opportunity to
Coordinate Indirect Tax and compliance processes within organization, perform VAT activities required by corporate directives and policies and support internal/external audits.
You are responsible for
- Indirect Tax activities required by corporate directives and policies.
- Indirect Tax review and approval for assigned countries.
- Supervision and support of the employees of External Service Provider in the area of VAT.
- Ongoing cooperation with the Head of Indirect Tax EMEA and Country Chief Accountant in terms of preparing documentation for tax audits.
- Cooperation with external and internal counter parties within VAT function.
- Support of internal and external audits.
- The free of charge disposal for VAT purposes. Sending of the Intrastat reports to the relevant authorities.
- Monitor the performance of external service provided guides and takes corrective actions. Support audits with documents and processes descriptions.
- Executes Internal Controls over Indirect Tax process.
You are a part of
Philips Accounting Operations (AccOps) Indirect Tax organization. With focus on designated countries you will be reporting directly to Indirect Tax Team Lead.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- University degree in Finance or equivalent is required.
- At least 3 years of progressive work experience in managing VAT compliance on a country level.
- Up to standard knowledge of VAT directive.
- SAP knowledge (FI, CO module) is a must.
- Fluent communication skills in English (both oral and written) is required. Other European languages are welcome.
- Knowledge of/ expertise in internal controls, SOx, controlling, project management, administrative organization.
- IFRS knowledge will be an asset.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and organize workload, multi-task is essential.
- Effective in influencing and collaborating (courageous discussions) with colleagues from various disciplines and cultures.
- Highly developed analytical capabilities, with a strong business and customer sense.
- Effective listening and communication skills, highly developed interpersonal skills.
- Proactive and hands on attitude, goal oriented and perseverant.
- Able to drive change in processes to bring organizations in line with harmonized wow and or legal requirements.
- Structured working style with eye for detail and hidden risks.
- Team oriented and process driven.
In return, we offer you
A path towards your most rewarding career. Philips is growing its financial capabilities enterprise wide. Succeeding in this market-based role in a complex environment will open many doors for your long term career, in other areas in Philips or otherwise. We also believe that we are at our best as a company when you are at yours as a person. Thus, we offer competitive health benefits, a flexible work schedule and access to local well-being focused activities.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.
If you have any other questions regarding the recruitment process please refer to our FAQs. In case of technical difficulties with the website, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)