The Prod Ctrl Analyst 2 is an intermediate level position responsible for ensuring the completeness, accuracy and integrity of the bank's books and records in coordination with the Finance team. The overall objective of this role is to control and support data integrity and general ledger reconciliation, profit attribution and new activity analysis, valuation control and product P&L and balance sheet reporting.
The role is part of the Local Markets Product Control team in Poland. This business trades a wide range of products (FX spot, FX forward, FX Options, IR Derivatives, Bonds as well as Fund Transfer Pricing ) across a diverse range of countries and currencies.
The role will encompass the full end-to-end Product Control process as well as new business initiatives, and supporting the Product Control Policy and Control Framework covering Profit Attribution Analysis (PAA), New Trade Reviews, P&L Commentary and Front to Back reconciliations.
- Drive Business results
- Daily and monthly control and analysis of the accuracy of P&L and Balance Sheet reporting for 34 countries, including review of business level revenues and daily commentary on key risks and market moves, especially for Treasury desk.
- Participate in PAA (Profit Attribution Analysis) review and analysis; participate in functional reviews, Volcker, PAA enhancement initiatives.
- Review of new trades, understanding the structure, associated risks and the P&L generated on them.
- Monthly reconciliation between reported P&L and the General Ledger
- Improve Finance processes:
- Ensure standardization of processes and controls among the different parts of the business, ensuring robust controls across the Local Markets function
- Critically evaluate existing processes for areas of improvement and ensure they are in line with the control framework
- Active participation in projects to develop the control infrastructure and facilitate business growth
- Strengthen the Control environment:
- Support full completion of all MCA controls to a high standard.
- Daily interaction with traders in CEEMEA region as well as business heads in London, Middle Office, Risk Management for review of transactions for pricing, reserving and control
- Promoting high data quality between front and back office systems.
- Continue to make Citi a great place to work:
- Ensure strong communication across Product Control sites, engage fully with other functions.
- Push through enhancements, use effective escalation on recurring issues to be able to ensure focus on core controls.
- 2+ years of relevant experience
- Strong analytical skills and MS Excel knowledge
- Excellent spoken and written English
- Basic Finance knowledge (FX, Bonds, IRS, basic Balance Sheet knowledge)
- Strong communication skills - written and oral
- Awareness of the bigger picture at Citi
- Bachelor’s degree/University degree or equivalent experience