Markets Operations and Support Manager accomplishes results through the management of professional teams. Integrates subject matter expertise within a Markets Ops and Support area. Requires in-depth understanding of how areas collectively integrate within the sub-function as well as coordinate and contribute to the objectives of the entire function. Requires basic commercial awareness. Developed communication and diplomacy skills are required in order to guide, influence and convince others, in particular colleagues in other areas and occasional external customers. Has responsibility for volume, quality, timeliness and delivery of end results of an area. May have responsibility for planning, budgeting and policy formulation within area of expertise. Involved in short-term planning resource planning. Full management responsibility of a team, which may include management of people, budget and planning, to include duties such as performance evaluation, compensation, hiring, disciplinary and terminations and may include budget approval.
- Serve as primary contact for Markets Business, providing support across various operational processes incl. FX/MM, Customer FX and Deposits, Derivatives including IR, Options, Commodities, Futures trade processing; Customer Portfolio Valuation & Reconciliation, Margining.
- Manages complex and highly varying issues with significant potential impact on multiple operations' areas, with full management responsibility for teams.
- Lead projects, resolves escalated operations' issues and/ or offer solutions at an advanced level.
- Liaises with multiple Operations teams/departments.
- Supports initiatives related to User Acceptance Testing (UAT) process and product rollout into production. Works with technology project managers, UAT professionals and users to design and implement appropriate scripts/plans for an application testing strategy/approach.
- Develops testing standards and ensures compliance to the standards.
- Serves as analytical and/or procedural expert, representing a unit or team on cross functional processes or project deliverables.
- Keeps abreast of the organization's operational procedures and best practices in business strategy and process/quality improvements; using such knowledge to recommend customized business solutions to internal clients.
- Serves as subject matter expert in business, planning and analysis for operations area supported.
- Acts as advisor or coach to new or lower level personnel on operational processes/procedures across multiple functions and/or teams.
- Responsible managing overall resource management and allocation of work for assigned operations area for multiple teams/projects. Influences and negotiates with senior leaders (across functions); may communicate with external parties.
- Directs team members in accomplishing their tasks to meet daily/weekly/monthly targets.
- Demonstrates commitment to diversity, internal mobility and employee professional development.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency, as well as effectively supervise the activity of others and create accountability with those who fail to maintain these standards.
- Well-developed management skills and relevant experience managing operational functions
- In-depth understanding of systems development life cycle processes
- 6-8 years of experience as Ops Manager or related position supervising transaction processing/managing projects
- Fluent English both written and spoken
- Bachelor’s/University degree, Master’s degree preferred
The role of the Markets Operations and Support Manager is located at Bank Handlowy S.A. in Warsaw: https://www.citi.com/Careers/policies/pdf/BankHandlowyPolandPrivacyNotice.pdf