Junior Specialist in Ownership Verification in OTC Derivatives Middle Office
BNP Paribas Securities Services is a wholly owned subsidiary of BNP Paribas specialising in the administration and protection of financial securities for institutional investors, financial intermediaries and major companies worldwide. We have local expertise in 36 markets and a global reach covering more than 90 markets.
As leading global custodians, we serve a range of clients such as fund managers (including alternative funds), insurance companies, sovereign-wealth funds, pension funds, brokers and investment banks, commercial banks, major companies and issuers.
The Warsaw office was established in 2008 and comprises two business lines:
International Operations Centre (IOC) providing asset and fund services for a number of locations across Europe.
Custody & clearing services offering broker-dealers, global custodians and investment banks a full clearing, settlement and custody solution in Poland and other markets.
As a Specialist in Ownership Verification & Investigation Team you will be responsible for performing daily reconciliations and answering any queries related to it, as well as raising any breaks / discrepancies to the respective trade processing teams or Client account managers.
- Reconciling and verifying Client/broker holdings of listed and OTC derivatives
- Investigating discrepancies with teams across BNP Paribas group
- Updating and setting up clients funds in reconciliation platforms
- Analysing and qualifying mismatches and dispatching them to the relevant teams
- Preparing regular reporting based on the reconciliations performed
- Answering all incoming requests from internal teams or clients
- Contacting internal clients in case of issues
- Understanding the risk linked to the business activity, and suggesting improvements to existing processes and practices
- Actively participating in regular performance and group meetings
- Participating in projects related to the new processes on-boarding/process improvements
- University degree (preferred: Finance, Economics, etc.)
- Fluent command of English
- Relevant experience will be an asset (in particular, in the Financial Services)
- Derivatives (OTC and listed) knowledge will be a strong asset
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work effectively as a team player
- Good communication skills, ability to interact efficiently with clients and effectively manage expectations
- Self-motivation and willingness to learn
- Stable employment on the basis of full-time job contract
- Supportive and friendly work environment with many opportunities to integrate with work colleagues (tennis school, football league, volleyball and basketball classes, integration weekends, etc.)
- Wide range of trainings: soft skills, professional competences, technical trainings and financial knowledge trainings
- Opportunities to growth within the organization including 6 Career Paths to choose from
- Attractive benefits package
- Prestigious work location near Rondo Daszyńskiego
BNP Paribas promotes equality of opportunity and is committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
Please attach the below clause to your application:I hereby give consent for my personal data included in my application to be processed for the purposes of the recruitment process under the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) introduced into the Polish law with Data Protection Act of 10 May 2018 (Dz. U. 2018 poz.1000 as amended). I acknowledge that I have the right at any time to view, to amend or correct and to request to erase my personal data.
Get to know more about us on:
See you soon :)
BNP Paribas Securities Services S.K.A. Oddział w Polsce
ul. Wronia 31, 00-846 Warszawa