We are looking for a Business Risk Manager, Warsaw or Gdynia with advanced skills in English. This is an opportunity for you to join our energetic team and kick-start your international career within financial industry working for the largest financial group in Northern Europe.
Compliance and integrity go hand in hand. It’s all about making sure that we’re a trusted partner to both our customers and society – the foundation for great customer experiences.
That’s where you come in. Working with us, you’ll help ensure that compliance underpins every decision we make and every action we take.
Together, we are passionate about building a bank that makes a difference – one where you can learn and grow. Will you help us lead the way in embedding compliance to transform the future of banking?
Would you like to help the bank manage IT risks? We are now looking for a Business Risk Manger to coordinate and drive risk and compliance activities across Technology areas.
At Nordea, we’re committed to being a partner our customers and society can count on. Compliance and integrity go hand in hand. Joining us means you’ll have an impact on how we do banking – today and tomorrow. So, bring your ideas, skills and unique background. With us, you’ll be in good company with plenty of opportunities to collaborate, grow and make your mark on something bigger.
About this opportunity
Welcome to the Technology Risk Management (DISIT). We add value by orchestrating, implementing and coordinating changes to align and augment the risk and compliance activities in a structured way through proactive remediation supporting the IT organisation.
The Technology Risk Management (DISIT) ambition is to take on complex tasks and bring them from idea phase to realisation. In parallel, we increase risk awareness and continuously build structures and procedures that give Nordea IT management excellent qualitative support.
Our main responsibility is to cover 1st Line Of Defence (LOD) where you will support and lead activities related to Risk Advisory, and work with the organisation to drive effective risk mitigation.
As the Business Risk Manager in Technology Risk Management (DISIT), you’ll play a valuable role in the development and execution of strategic, tactical and operational non-financial risk and internal control activities. You will work in the 1st line of defence and help to drive initiatives to increase IT risk awareness and ensure prudent risk management.
What you’ll be doing:
- Build on relationships and partner up with senior level management and stakeholders throughout the value chain to effectively coordinate improvements, and quality services within your domain
- Provide insight, advisory, recommendations and adapted risk management services
- Lead and participate in risk assessment, risk and process control and mitigation activities, supporting and guiding the division in keeping a comprehensive end-to-end risk process overview
- Roll-out services to your domain according to frameworks and guidelines in the bank
- Secure that the Technology Risk Management (DISIT) services are provided in a unified way to Technology domains and support in enhancing risk and compliance culture
- Communicate effectively to recipients at all levels in Nordea to secure necessary input, anchoring and optimising the decision making process, as well as holistic approach and knowledge sharing that any tasks are adequately managed
- Develop high quality analyses, communication material, reports and decision making proposals to external and internal stakeholder (including executive management) and to risk governance forums
You’ll join a Nordic and Polish team, passionate about providing risk and compliance services through business and technological insight. The role is based in Warsaw or Gdynia, Poland.
Who you are
Collaboration. Ownership. Passion. Courage. These are the values that guide us in being at our best – and that we imagine you share with us.
To succeed in this role, we believe that you:
- Work well with others and always act with the customer’s needs in mind
- Are honest and dependable, willing to speak up even when it’s difficult, and committed to empowering others
- Love learning and trying new things and you’re excited about bringing your ideas to the table. You’re passionate about doing a great job.
- We expect you to have relevant experience combined with a strong interest in being coordinator for activities and initiatives and play a central role in driving change as well as support the creation of a great customer experience
Your experience and background:
- High working capacity, solid track record and the ability to deliver quality solutions on time
- Strong collaboration with multidisciplinary teams and finds it interesting and rewarding to work in a cross-border Nordic organisation
- Be self-motivated, quality-driven and able to work autonomously
- Have a positive attitude, take on responsibilities and be an engaged and committed team player
- People and stakeholder management skills and communication skills to provide partnership and insight with divisional teams, while aligning with fellow BRIS teams and the 2nd LoD
- You possess analytic skills and can understand/explain complex issues
Your experience and background in addition to success factors:
- Some experience working in IT risk management, audit or compliance
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Formal certifications in CISA, CRISC, ITIL, COBIT or similar will be considered as an advantage, as well as knowledge or practical experience with ISO 27001/2 (or similar ISMS)
If this sounds like you, get in touch!
Submit your application no later than 23 November 2019.
At Nordea, we know that an inclusive workplace is a sustainable workplace. We deeply believe that our diverse backgrounds, experiences, characteristics and traits make us better at serving customers and communities. So please come as you are.
In accordance with art. 6 (1) a. Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) hereinafter ‘GDPR’. I agree to have my personal data proceeded for the purposes of current and future recruitment processes in Nordea Bank Abp Branch in Poland.
The administrator of your personal data is: Nordea Bank Abp Branch in Poland, Aleja Edwarda Rydza Śmiglego 20, 93-281 Łodź. Your personal data will be processed for the recruitment processes in Nordea Bank Abp Branch in Poland. You have a right to access your personal data, right to rectify and right to delete. Disclosing the personal data in the scope specified by the provisions of Polish Labour Code from 26 June 1974 and executive acts are mandatory. Providing additional personal data is voluntary however necessary to conduct the recruitment processes. The request for the deletion of your personal data means resignation from further participation in recruitment processes and causes the immediate removal of your application. Detailed information concerning processing of your personal data can be found at: http://nordea.pl/odo.pdf
We reserve the right to reply only to selected applications.