As a member of the Citi’s Business Continuity Managemt (CBCM) Denial-of-Service (DOS) Testing Regional team, the Disaster Recovery Application Coordinator is responsible for working with the Application Teams in their test planning and execution for a portfolio of applications participating in a scheduled DOS Program event. This includes ensuring major delieverables are met on a timely basis, clarifying test objectives/criteria, testing questions, and COBTRAC support.
The DOS program includes Data Center and Tech Room Site Level DOS Tests, quarterly and semi-annual Compliance DOS Tests, EUC Testing, and Volume Validation.
With regards to Crisis Management, the Disaster Recovery Application Coordinator will be responsible for working with the Application Teams in recoverying their portfolio of applications from the impacted Data Center or Tech Room to its respective recovery site(s) by working with Application Teams, Disaster Recovery Coordinators, Technology Recovery Coordinators, and Production Support. In addition, the Disaster Recovery Application Coordinator will interface with the Disaster Recovery Project Manager with recovery status/issues.
- Responsible for all application coordination aspects of their assigned Denial of Service (DOS) Test:
- Data Center and Tech Room Site DOS Test, Quarterly Test, and Sponsored DOS Test.
- EUC Standalone Testing
- Volume Validation Testing
- Responsible for end-to-end test planning and execution for their assigned suite of applications for a sponsored DOS Test; including ensuring major deliverables are met on a timely basis.
- Interface with Application Teams, Disaster Recovery Coordinators, Technology Recovery Coordinators, and Production Support as part of the planning and execution of a DOS sponsored test.
- Support the Business Coordinator as part of Lead BRCs Test Planning meetings and provide guidance on how to test.
- Ensure Application Teams have entered their test results within a day after the test and approve the test results within five business days after the test.
- Responsible for working with Business Coordinator and Business Functionality Testers to validate failed test results.
- Work with Application Teams to perform post mortem/lesson learn for application failures and register proper categories in COBTRAC
- Responsible for, in event of a real crisis/disaster, working with the Application Teams to recover the application to the applications/ recovery sites and reporting to the Project Manager with issues/concerns.
- Provide guidance to stakeholders on technical recovery and testing capabilities.
- Responsible for continual improvements and enhancements to the DOS Testing Framework.
- 5+ Years of relevant Business Continuity experience
- BS/BA Degree or compensating years of experience
- Fully conversant with Business Continuity principles and procedures across all aspects of business planning and regulatory compliance
- 5+ Years of experience in Application Development or Infrastructure Development environment, including cloud and robotics environments.
- 5+ Years of experience in the Financial Industry
- Knowledge of disaster recovery methodologies and technical testing strategies would be advantageous
- Knowledge of Infrastructure and Data Center organization structure and processes
Skills & Competencies
- Excellent communication skills will be required to work closely with a diverse number of TI and Business groups
- Proven people management skills
- Excellent Project Management skills
- Appreciation of managing a discipline across a complex region, where local regulations need to apply
- Proven ability in managing virtual teams, and remote staff
- Proven management ability, innovative and able to provide strategic direction
- Able to develop good working relationships with business and technical groups
- Must possess good oral, listening and literary skills
- Takes responsibility and demonstrates ownership of issues, demonstrating management control of delegated tasks
- A track record of utilizing a systematic approach to business analysis, organizing and planning project activities
- Able to cross-relate business and technical requirements and issues
- Demonstrates an ability to design and implement a strategy for continuous improvement
- Ability to formulate and adhere to rigid process standards
- Willingness to gain professional certification if currently lacking
- Upgrade general knowledge of enterprise infrastructure and backend processes.
- Learn Business knowledge of applications being supported as part of a DOS Test.
- Interface with Disaster Recovery Business Coordinators and Disaster Recovery Project Manager to provide guidance and support on Application related questions/issues.
- Manage DOS Planning at the Application Team level that may span over numerous lines of businesses or different Sectors.
Education & Qualifications:
- BS/BA degree or compensating years of experience
- Business Continuity Institute or DRII membership highly desirable