The role is part of the TTS Client Operations Account Services Management team and is responsible for the day to day operational and client support activities within Account Services in the EMEA region.
The Account Services Unit is responsible for the opening, maintenance and closure of all client cash accounts globally which forms the basis of the majority of our ICG client relationships and product offerings. The regional team consists of ~150 FTEs of direct and extended workforce located across the region.
He / She will be responsible to manage a team of both direct and matrix reporting staff and will be required to provide leadership and subject matter expertise, to simultaneously manage day –to-day operations and build capacity to take on new business.
He/she will be required to develop and foster a robust, highly control focused environment, and to look for areas of continuous improvement from a process efficiency and client satisfaction standpoints. Significant and consistent client experience improvement measured via our VoC (Voice of the Customer) surveys will be a key indicator of success for this role, especially as it relates to our top tier global clients, which will be serviced and supported out of this group.
This is a middle management role requiring full collaboration with peers and management in designing and implementing programs to improve client satisfaction , operational efficiency and team effectiveness.
He/She must be able to build strong partnership with key internal and external stakeholders and clients to drive the vision of the EMEA ASU organization and strategy of the business, ensuring continuous optimization of the Account Services processes.
Citi Treasury and Trade Solutions Group provides integrated cash management and trade finance services to multinational corporations, financial institutions and public sector organizations across the globe. Citi Digital Working Capital, with its full range of digital and mobile enabled platforms, tools and analytics, continues to lead the way in delivering innovative and tailored solutions to its clients. It offers the industry's most comprehensive suite of treasury and trade solutions, including cash management, payments, receivables, liquidity management and investment services, working capital solutions, commercial and prepaid card programs, trade finance and services
Transformation of the ASU is a priority Must Win Battle for the TTS Business The role requires the individual to form effective working relationships in the region with key clients and stakeholders – Product, Technology, Coverage etc. The individual is required to have a strong and detailed understanding of end to end operations and act as the client advocate.
- Leadership of the Account Services Ops Support and Top Tier Client Support Unit regionally.
- Build strong and effective relationships with key regional partners in TTS Sales, Coverage, Product and Technology organisation.
- Actively participate and lead the development and successful implementation of key process efficiency, client experience and risk and control initiatives within the region
- Drive effective implementation of clear SLAs (Service Level Agreements) and ensure that service is consistently delivered as agreed in SLA’s, to the required level of performance and quality. Managing risk is also a critical aspect of managing service delivery.
- Develop a framework of a mutual commitment to meeting evolving business requirements and adapting to changing circumstances. Treat change as an opportunity to improve / streamline service and controls.
- Promote and build dedicated client focus within your teams. Lead critical client service reviews, improving and maintaining high client satisfaction
- Ensure work is completed at the appropriate risk, regulatory, cost and quality profile, by leading teams both at direct as well as matrix reporting levels (where applicable)
- Evaluate and adjust work output provided by Citi’s extended workforce partners. Manage 3rd party risk.
- Accountable for establishing and regularly testing the effectiveness of the risk and control disciplines for all processes.
- Accountable for enhancing the risk and control environment for processes in line with the changing business and regulatory environment.
- Keep abreast of all Regulatory and Industry changes. Plan and solution for these changes. Determine client impact and develop plans to ready them for change.
- Assist in obtaining clean audit results, both internal and regulatory
- Identify and lead execution of key technology initiatives that maximize the impact of investment dollars towards operational efficiency, enhanced controls and client satisfaction.
- Effective management of resources to ensure capacity is appropriate, budgetary commitments are considered and business needs are met.
- Ensure a robust approach to performance management including goal setting, performance measurement, appraisal and personal development plans.
- Build and foster a high performing team
- Develop talent / high performers to support future growth plans and fill critical operating roles.
- Create and maintain strong team effectiveness strategies focused on core skill building and performance management.
- Ensure full staff engagement via effective and continuous communication, transparency, guidance and collaboration
- Collaborate with peers in other regions to ensure appropriate levels of commonality are achieved and best practices are shared and adopted.
- Ownership of key strategic projects
- Member of the EMEA TTS Client Operations Account Services Management team
- Exposure to complex and fast paced challenging environment
- In-depth knowledge of TTS Account Services activities and their impact to all downstream functions and services
- Visible management role with exposure to regional and global stakeholders
- Minimum 8 years of financial services experience with 3 years in mid- management roles
- Ability to implement, drive & comply with all required controls, governance & policies.
- Proven ability to execute
- Proven ability to build and lead successful teams
- Detailed understanding of the TTS business (highly preferred)
- Strong technical knowledge of TTS Products and regional regulatory requirements (highly preferred)
- Experience in leading complex projects and initiatives to enhance operational effectiveness and client experience
- Demonstrated ability to interact with senior management and clients
- Proven ability to meet new challenges, assimilate new information and to influence people to get things done
- Experience in leading the execution of cost saving initiatives
- Proven ability to handle complex issues, operational contingencies and recovery plans
- In depth knowledge of Citi Policies and Regulations
- Previous project management experience preferable
- Leadership and management of operational and client facing functions
- Strong customer service mind-set with skill to instil a client centric culture within the ASU Team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required to negotiate with internal and external business and functional partners
- Excellent customer interaction skills
- Excellent problem solving skills, inclusive of articulation of complex queries
- Good organizational skills with the ability to work under pressure and prioritize within aggressive deadlines
- Ability to drive and implement change
- Structured and crisp in approach
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Creative and resourceful problem solving
- Ability to translate business strategies into actions and execute against them
- Ability to manage and support TTS Sales, Coverage, Product and Technology & Client Operations stakeholders
- Impeccable integrity and judgment
- Service orientation, professionalism, proactiveness and strong client focus.
- Ability to work effectively in situations requiring analytical, interpretive, and problem solving techniques
- A detailed and independent thinking style.
- Strong interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills.
- Strong influencing and negotiation skills; ability to build and maintain effective networks and relationships.
- Strong team working skills.
- Strong people, process and business focus.
- Effective management of complex decision making
- Positive and dynamic attitude to work
- Proven ability to coach and develop talent
- Ability to work as part of and contribute to a high performing management team
- Driven, resilient and tenacious, able to apply the learning from set-backs or challenges to good effect
- Ability to create a positive culture in line with the O&T Operating principles
- Execution focused, overcomes obstacles and minimizes bureaucracy
- Demonstrates commitment to diversity, internal mobility and employee professional development
- Bachelor degree in Business or other relevant discipline.
- Previous line management experience in a related role in the financial services arena
- English language (required)
- Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary