Global Event Management Center (GEMC) Shift Manager is responsible for providing pro-active Event Management Support 24x7x365. GEMC Shift Manager must be able to escalate problems effectively and ensure critical problems are identified in a timely manner. SM will also be required to perform preliminary troubleshooting of problems and follow operational, technical processes and procedures. The ability to communicate clearly in written and verbal format is paramount; ensuring technical and non-technical explanations are well detailed, while maintaining succinct communications. She or He will be required to maintain shift metrics and providing turnover status to the next shift. Person in this role is responsible for providing feedback and guidance for Team members, perform quality checks according to agreed process, support GEMC management in reporting activities, process design and execution.
GEMC is part of the GCT, providing 24x7x365 monitoring, escalation, remediation, incident & service management aspects to the organization. Due to the numerous systems applications and services being supported, Team interacts with multiple SME groups, application and technical support groups, both in-regional and globally, along with external 3rd party vendors. Delivery of timely, professional technology services is paramount to the success of this department and organization, as errors can be highly visible to our customers, which could also result in regulatory, financial or potential loss to the firm.
Monitor all systems via centralized monitoring toolsets, to resolve or escalate problems in accordance with documented process and procedures, within pre-defined timelines, to prevent any financial impact to the business. All errors must be logged within the Business agreed Problem Management System, to the defined standard and in accordance with departmental requirements. Coordination of Service restoration activities, which include conference call facilitation, escalation to support organizations, notification to senior managers &Customers/Business, using pre-defined problem and incident management standards and toolsets. Perform all manual activities to the defined standard, following documented procedures explicitly, to ensure continuity and compliance of process. Any change related activities that require a change to the standard BAU documented process, both in terms of complexity or timing of event, must be performed exactly as stated within the fully approved change record. Escalate any inaccuracies, ambiguity or seek clarification where required, prior to performing non-BAU activities. Provide professional first-line support . Lead shift and support GEMC Management in daily activities.
- Work 24x7 (365 days a year – weekends and holidays)
- Perform daily BAU monitoring and validation for application events and alerts
- Capture and report significant and re-occurring issues discovered for supported environment
- Perform all activities as per defined standard, follow documented procedures explicitly
- Participate in projects and propose enhancements \ updates to existing processes and toolsets
- Maintain working knowledge of businesses being supported
- Utilizing Monitoring tools and Ticketing systems
- Review Metrics (Spreadsheets, Data Trending/Analysis, Database)
- Generate reports and/or post mortems for incidents, outages or managerial updates
- Work with internal/external partners, including consultants, agencies and vendors
- Develop and review processes to ensure proper quality of work
- Foster teamwork, share knowledge with peers and eliminate silos
- Lead shift
- Perform quality checks
- Support GEMC Leads in activities related to team management and development
- Report issues with tools
- Cooperate with Scrum Team in developing internal tools
Operatives within this role will have the opportunity to learn the fundaments on numerous platforms and toolsets that the GEMC support. Will have the opportunity to interact with various Production Management streams and Technology groups on all levels of support. Individual will have opportunity to participate projects, drive own initiatives and propose changes to tools and processes in area of Monitoring and supportive functions. This role is utilizing and developing further skillset related to team leading and shift management.
- Working knowledge of ticketing systems and technical support operation.
- Knowledge of monitoring tools.
- Knowledge of Monitoring best practices in area of Application and Infrastructure.
- Candidates should have previous experience working 24x7x365 shifts.
- Candidates should have previous experience in shift or team lead position, preferably in a large complex IT organization.
o Experience in using Ticketing systems like ServiceNow
o Application transaction monitoring tools knowledge would be a significant asset
o Knowledge of any of Monitoring Tools for Enterprise Environments (AppDynamics, Wily, BSM, SPLUNK or others) would be a significant asset
o Microsoft Office Suite (i.e., Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, Project)
o Fluent English is a must
o Knowledge of SQL would be a significant asset
- High school\GED diploma but an Associate Degree (or) a Technical Certification\degree is preferred (or) Equivalent Work Experience
- Must be organized, able to multitask, communicate clearly in verbal and written format, and conduct themselves as a true professional at all times.
- The individual must have the ability to work alone or as part of a team to meet deadlines or project deliverables.
- Proactive and flexible in terms of workload and providing coverage is essential, due to the nature of the environment, shift patterns and workload. (Severe weather, Holiday Coverage, COB situations)
- Dynamic, self-starter, reliable and enthusiastic team member. Able to quickly learn multiple platforms, toolsets and processes.
- The GEMC SM should be able to follow documented processes & procedures and to repeatedly follow instructions consistently.
- Should possess the ability to listen, plan and organize to achieve assigned goals
- Ability to drive shift and influence people, motivate and develop them
- Bachelor’s/University degree or equivalent experience