Who we are:
Citibank Europe plc is the main EU banking entity for Citi in EMEA with a presence in 22 European countries. Working in our organization involves working on international projects in a culturally diverse and dynamic environment, as well as learning top quality organizational culture.
Our Warsaw-based Internal Audit is a global organization which sits proudly within Citibank Europe as one of its key components with over 1500 professionals covering Citi's global businesses and service. We provide independent assessments of the company's governance, risk management and internal control environment for key stakeholders globally. Internal Audit is a change agent within Citi aimed to enhance the control culture of Citigroup worldwide and thereby support senior management decision making around the globe.
The Audit Manager is responsible for managing a team that is performing complex and critical audits and assessments of Citi’s risk and control environments in coordination with the Audit team. The overall objective is to recruit, develop, and manage an effective Internal Audit team, that ensures the firm meets audit standards and regulations in partnership with business leaders and the develop, execute, and evaluate audit plans. Please note that the Incumbent will have no direct reports at this point.
The IA EMEA Global Functions Technology team provides technology audit coverage within AML, Compliance, Finance, Product Control, Risk & Treasury and Corporate Functions. The position is based in Warsaw and will report to the Regional IA GFT Director, and will have responsibility for scoping and executing application systems audits and providing applications coverage for AML, Compliance, Finance, Product Control, Risk & Treasury and Corporate Functions.
- Develop and execute audit plans
- Manage a small to medium sized team of Internal Audit professionals that delivers audit reports, in accordance with Internal audit and regulatory standards
- Recruit staff, develop talent, build effective teams, and manage a budget
- Manage audit activities for a component of a product line at the regional or country level including a portion of the annual audit plan
- Review and approves the Business Monitoring Quarterly summary and serve as lead reviewer for various tasks
- Collaborate with teams across the business and determine impact on the overall control environment and audit approach
- Advise and assists the business on change initiatives, while advancing integrated auditing concepts and technology adoption
- Apply an in-depth understanding of Internal Audit standards, policies and technology to a specific product or function
- Use communication skills to influence a wide range of internal audiences including product, function, or regional executive management partners
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency, as well as effectively supervise the activity of others and create accountability with those who fail to maintain these standards
- 6-10 years of relevant IT audit experience of a large complex financial institution
- Related certifications (CISA, CISSP, CIA, CAMS or similar) preferred
- Effective verbal, written and negotiation skills
- Effective project management skills
- Effective influencing and relationship management skills
- Demonstrated ability to remain unbiased in a diverse working environment
- Experience of working with international teams and of people management/development
- Excellent analytical ability to understand business issues associated with IT processes and related risks and controls, identifying root causes and recommending solutions.
- Demonstrates experience in managing teams and managing integrated internal audit and assurance delivery within a matrix reporting environment
- Bachelor's/University degree, Master's degree preferred
This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required.