Shell Business Operations (SBO) Krakow sits at the centre of Shell’s global businesses, providing an operational backbone to our essential business functions. Working in a vibrant community with strong values and a supportive culture, an SBO-Krakow job will offer the chance to build a lasting and meaningful career. As one of six Business Service Operations centres, located worldwide, a job in Krakow will give you the chance to interact and work with people across the world, helping to deliver excellent support to business clients and internal stakeholders as well as advanced financial operations.
Shell's HR Operations consist of the three Regional HR Service Centers and Global Payroll Operations totaling approximately 1200 staff. These staff members in turn provide services to over 80,00 Shell employees and Line Managers. Global Payroll has direct management oversight for E2E Payroll responsibilities across 30+ countries, representing approximately 92% of Shell employees globally, including the Shell HR community, third party providers.
Due to the re-organisational changes in our Payroll Operations based out of Krakow, we currently have an opening for an experienced Payroll Manager who can manage big volumes, build strong working relationships as well as develop people within the team.
This role reports to Regional Payroll Manager and is a part of Local Payroll Managers Connects representing the SBO Team. The post holder will be responsible for end to end payroll process delivery for 2 scopes - United Kingdom and the Netherlands (in total population of around 15,000).
The post holder will also manager a team of 4-8 direct reports.
- Responsible for delivery of assigned payroll processes in line with Shell standards on time and with expected quality , embedding exceptional Ways of Working and payroll service to Stakeholders with key focus around maximizing business value and opportunities. In addition to the significant and increasing responsibilities in this position, the role supports business leaders as Payroll Managers and country HR, country Tax, IT, and country Finance levels in defining and driving sustainable business solutions.
- Steer, assure or support Shell's Payroll compliance across an increasingly complex statutory and regulatory landscape
- Manage relationships and partner with Country Payroll Managers as well as supporting them in collaborating with local in country stakeholders and assure successful pay delivery.
- Translate business requirements into system solutions with Functional Leads and Payroll Specialists to meet Shell business obligations.
- Responsible to manage tactical priorities comprising Payroll processes for assigned and migrated scope associated with the Workday, Assignment Pro and Global Payroll Strategy implementations.
- Support country 3rd party contract implementations relating to external service providers
- Manage, train and develop a team with focus on accelerated capability change associated with new skillsets building in CI/automation/systems knowledge required with HR Transformation, impacts to payrolls, migrations
- Accountable for advice to Functional Leads and Payroll Specialists as well as in country Payroll managers, HR Managers and in country business partners in managing more complex HR/Payroll queries
- min 8 years of professional experience and minimum 4 years in Payroll management
- strong mindset of continuous improvement (CI certificates preferred) to achieve efficiency with highest standards (accuracy, timeliness and compliance); ability to drive many improvement initiatives at the same time
- strong communication and personal skills to enable and maintain strong relationships with stakeholders
- leadership and organizational skills to meet deadlines and provide best in class payroll service
- qualification in finance, economics or business administration
- controls/finance background (awareness and understanding of SOX/Finance Controls processes)
- affinity with HR and related terms and conditions (Expatriation, Allowances)
- Strong knowledge of Shell People (SAP), Salesforce and Microsoft Excel/PowerPoint is a must.
- demonstrates knowledge and practical application of Data Analytics tools and concepts will be an additional asset
- client focused attitude
- fluency in English
Number of Vacancies:
- Meaningful work in a company that is universally respected as a truly global energy leader (one of the world’s biggest companies according to Fortune Global 500)
- Unique opportunity to fulfill your potential with personal and professional development programs
- Work in a smart and motivated team within a supportive and inclusive culture with strong values
- Attractive salary and bonuses
- Complex medical care and individual life insurance
- Sports programme & facilities e.g. Multisport Benefits Card, vouchers for free time activities
- Good atmosphere at work and comfortable working environment: own canteen and a few relax rooms
- Opportunity to participate in social and community projects