Shell Business Operations (SBO) Krakow sits at the centre of Shell’s global businesses, providing an operational backbone to our essential business functions. Working in a vibrant community with strong values and a supportive culture, an SBO-Krakow job will offer the chance to build a lasting and meaningful career. As one of six Business Service Operations centres, located worldwide, a job in Krakow will give you the chance to interact and work with people across the world, helping to deliver excellent support to business clients and internal stakeholders as well as advanced financial operations.
R&A Senior Financial Controller will have the overall responsibility for all financials to ensure business activities are conducted in line with all Shell frameworks and policies as well as with applicable agreements and local laws and legislation. This includes:
Leading venture set up in cooperation with the business and other supporting functions, ERP implementation, organizing FO resources, MoA/Company File set up
Leading venture liquidations in cooperation with FM/Tax/Treasury/Legal, GDP preparation, guarantees termination, tax clearance, liabilities coverage, external consultancy, liquidator appointments, books clearing, final financial statements and audits
Responsibility for Financial Reporting and budgeting: Group Reporting, MI for BPR/LoB, Revenue Transparency, Statutory Accounts, Tax reporting, Partner Reporting (billing statements, cash calls), input to Planning (OP/FYLE), supporting QPA preparation
Supporting Statutory/JV partner/fiscal/government/controls/SIA and other non-standard audits
ensuring compliance with GRA, Transfer Pricing and Treasury policies, tax rulings, accounting procedures, cost recovery under JOA/PSC agreements
reviewing PCI/PCN/GIP/GFP, impairment reviews, cash forecasting, lease models, yearly FTE reviews
- multiple entities with different legal structures and various businesses supported by the team
- work with constant change as a specific of New Ventures (entities are being established, rapidly growing, changing structures or to be liquidated in a very short notice)
- different ERP platform being operated within the team (YLP, BLP, BG SAP and S4H undergoing)
Graduate and Professional Qualification (ACCA/CIMA/CA) Accountant with 8+ years of post-qualification experience or can demonstrate qualification through experience.
Exceptional Communication skills and experience of stakeholder engagement at very senior level.
Experience in working in a virtual environment is a pre-requisite.
Network with other Controllers and Managers in SBO on a regular basis to review controls and processes.
Network with the Business to ensure adequate business understanding is maintained. Connectivity will help align role with the underlying business and will ensure that the Finance and Business objectives are addressed appropriately.
Number of Vacancies:
- Meaningful work in a company that is universally respected as a truly global energy leader (one of the world’s biggest companies according to Fortune Global 500)
- Unique opportunity to fulfill your potential with personal and professional development programs
- Work in a smart and motivated team within a supportive and inclusive culture with strong values
- Attractive salary and bonuses
- Complex medical care and individual life insurance
- Sports programme & facilities e.g. Multisport Benefits Card, vouchers for free time activities
- Good atmosphere at work and comfortable working environment: own canteen and a few relax rooms
- Opportunity to participate in social and community projects