About Product Control:
Product Control is the largest department in Finance primarily responsible for controlling daily profit and loss reporting, price verification and trading activity for the Institutional Clients Group. We work closely across functions on a daily basis (including the Trading desks, Business, Risk Management, Operations, and other areas of Finance) and develop a deep understanding of the products traded, along with the associated market risks and accounting complexities.
About Citi Private Bank:
Citi Private Bank is a trusted advisor to the world’s wealthiest, most influential individuals and families. Like Citi’s government, institutional and multinational corporate clients, Citi Private Bank clients receive bespoke service and access to the best ideas and solutions tailored to their unique needs and aspirations. A part of Citi’s Institutional Clients Group, Citi Private Bank offers a wide range of products and services covering capital markets, managed investments, portfolio management, trust and estate planning, investment finance and banking. Among its select clients are a third of the world’s billionaires, many of whom are globally minded entrepreneurs with an expectation of an institutional level of service, who take advantage of Citi’s holistic approach to wealth management.
The Prod Ctrl Analyst 2 is an intermediate level position responsible for ensuring the completeness, accuracy and integrity of the bank's books and records. The overall objective of this role is to assist in the control and support of data integrity and general ledger reconciliation as well as product P&L and balance sheet reporting.
- Preparation of regular Balance Sheet and Profit & Loss reports
- Month-end reconciliation of the reported numbers for EMEA Citi Private Bank
- Work closely with all areas of the Finance department, liaising with the Business, Risk Management, Operations and IT teams
- Documentation of the reporting and control processes.
- Participation in the system infrastructure and reporting process enhancement projects
- Support standardization efforts and also work on ad-hoc projects to implement process improvement ideas
- Develop an enquiring and questioning mind-set
- Unique opportunity to gain comprehensive knowledge of a full range of private banking products.
- Equal opportunity for all of our colleagues to climb up the career ladder
- Freedom to succeed in a dynamic environment: creative and innovative ideas are encouraged and recognized
- A positive and inclusive work environment in which diversity and cross-regional work-streams are key components
- Agile working: flexible work time arrangement, possibility of home office and the office based around a state of the art flexible floor plan called ‘Citi-Works’. This delivers a positive and bright work environment.
- An environment conducive to developing professional skills and build a network across the organization globally
- Opportunity to participate in process reengineering and digitization
- A great place to be part of a socially active team: the chance to participate in regular charity events and social gatherings.
- Financial/accounting knowledge
- Excellent verbal and written English
- Bachelor’s degree/University degree or equivalent experience
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- Good attention to detail
- Working knowledge of Excel