The IT Infrastructure Project Manager provides full leadership and supervisory responsibility. Provides operational/service leadership and direction to team(s). Applies in-depth disciplinary knowledge through provision of value-added perspectives or advisory services. May contribute to the development of new techniques, models and plans within area of expertise. Strong communication and diplomacy skills are required. Generally has responsibility for volume, quality, timeliness of end results and shared responsibility for planning and budgets. Work affects an entire area, which eventually affects the overall performance and effectiveness of the sub-function/job family. Full supervisory responsibility, ensuring motivation and development of team through professional leadership to include duties such as performance evaluation, compensation, hiring, disciplinary and terminations as well as direction of daily tasks and responsibilities.
- Manages technical components of moderately complex IT Infrastructure projects.
- Coordinates activities of the project team, identifies necessary resources and develops schedules to meet completion deadlines.
- Evaluates subordinates' performance and makes decisions on pay increases, promotions, terminations, and other personnel actions.
- Verifies team adherence to control and risk implementations as well as standards and process changes.
- Identifies scope and impact of project risks and issues; raises and resolves issues.
- Applies good understanding of concepts and procedures within own IT project leadership area to resolve issues.
- Demonstrates a comprehensive understanding of how areas of IT project leadership collectively integrate to contribute to achieving business goals.
- Provides evaluative judgment based on analysis of factual information in complicated and unique situations.
- Directly impacts the IT project leadership area through shared responsibility for delivery of end results and contribution to planning, budget management and formulation of procedures; influences resource planning.
- Persuades and influences others through communication and diplomacy skills; may negotiate with external parties.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency, as well as effectively supervise the activity of others and create accountability with those who fail to maintain these standards.
- 5-8 years experience in an IT Infrastructure project leadership role with commensurate people management experience
- Strong experience in Cloud Infrastructure and good knowledge of Agile methodology
- Bachelor’s/University degree or equivalent experience
This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required.