The Testing Sr Analyst is a seasoned professional role. Applies in-depth disciplinary knowledge, contributing to the development of new techniques and the improvement of processes and work-flow for the area or function. Integrates subject matter and industry expertise within a defined area. Requires in-depth understanding of how areas collectively integrate within the sub-function as well as coordinate and contribute to the objectives of the function and overall business. Evaluates moderately complex and variable issues with substantial potential impact, where development of an approach/taking of an action involves weighing various alternatives and balancing potentially conflicting situations using multiple sources of information. Requires good analytical skills in order to filter, prioritize and validate potentially complex and dynamic material from multiple sources. Strong communication and diplomacy skills are required. Regularly assumes informal/formal leadership role within teams. Involved in coaching and training of new recruits Significant impact in terms of project size, geography, etc. by influencing decisions through advice, counsel and/or facilitating services to others in area of specialization. Work and performance of all teams in the area are directly affected by the performance of the individual.
- Supports initiatives related to User Acceptance Testing (UAT) process and product rollout into production. Testing specialists who work with technology project managers, UAT professionals and users to design and implement appropriate scripts/plans for an application testing strategy/approach.
- Tests and analyzes a broad range of systems and applications to ensure they meet or exceed specified standards and end-user requirements.
- Work closely with key stakeholders to understand business and functional requirements to develop test plans, test cases and scripts.
- Works complex testing assignments.
- Executes test scripts according to application requirements documentation.
- Identifies defects and recommends appropriate course of action; performs root cause analyses.
- Coordinates multiple testers and testing activities within a project.
- Retests after corrections are made to ensure problems are resolved.
- Documents, evaluates and researches test results for future replication.
- Identifies, recommends and implements process improvements to enhance testing strategies.
- Analyzes requirements and design aspects of projects. Interfaces with client leads and development teams.
- Exhibits sound understanding of concepts and principles in own technical area and a basic knowledge of these elements in other areas.
- Requires in-depth understanding of how own area integrates within IT testing and has basic commercial awareness.
- Makes evaluative judgments based on analysis of factual information in complicated and novel situations.
- Participate in test strategy meetings,
- Has direct impact on the team and closely related teams by ensuring the quality of the tasks services information provided by self and others.
- Requires sound and comprehensive communication and diplomacy skills to exchange complex information.
- Provide metrics related to the cost, effort, and milestones of Quality activities on a project level
- Acts as advisor and mentor for junior members of the team.
- Regularly assumes informal/formal leadership role within teams.
- Perform other duties and functions as assigned
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- 5-8 yearsTesting Analyst experience
- Familiarity with the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) and how Quality Assurance methodology fits into the SDLC Knowledge of relevant operating systems, languages and database tools Knowledge of defect tracking systems and processes; including change management Knowledge of automated regression testing tools. Experience of testing trading platforms or similar software. Ability to work under pressure during tight dead lines
- Requires methodical approach to testing and problem solving. Requires theoretical and analytical skills, with demonstrated ability in planning and operations
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills with a proactive attitude, always seeking opportunities to add value
- Specific software languages will be dependent of area of business
- Bachelor’s/University degree or equivalent experience