Finance Analyst will cover valuation control of the inventory held within the Global FXLM business and will require strong communication skills and teamwork across multiple locations and departments.
VCG’s primary responsibility is to reasonably ensure that risk portfolios are fairly valued in accordance with applicable standards and regulatory requirements. It works with trading and quantitative groups to fully understand the impact of valuation uncertainty on the desk’s level of pricing and any accompanying fair value adjustments. It also participates in the approval of new products, where appropriate.
- Developing and carrying out price testing for derivatives on FX and interest rates markets.
- Developing valuation adjustments methodologies and performing relevant calculations
- Compilation of data to produce detailed Valuation reports for Desk Heads, Controllers and Risk summarizing the valuation control results across the Business
- Ensuring appropriate regulatory reporting on monthly basis
- Creating and maintaining relevant process documentation
- Enhancing existing control framework by reviewing pricing processes, assessing potential coverage developments and implementing new tools to enhance control efficiency
- Developing strong working relationships with the Desk, Finance, Audit, Quant and Market Risk partners throughout the firm
- Ad-hoc projects that arise relating to further streamlining (or retirement) of existing systems or assisting in the introduction of new systems
- Performing ad hoc analysis on any new pricing issues
- 0-2 years of relevant experience
- Good knowledge of Excel, Access (VBA – nice to have)
- Consistently demonstrates clear and concise written and verbal communication
- A degree in Finance or in a quantitative discipline, such as Mathematics, Physics, Engineering etc. or
What do we offer?
- Unique opportunity to gain strong technical knowledge of a full range of banking products.
- Opportunity to participate in process reengineering and digitization
- An environment conducive to developing supervisory/leadership/presentation skills and build a professional network across the organization globally
- Equal opportunity for all of our colleagues to climb up the career ladder
- Freedom to succeed in a dynamic environment: creative and innovative ideas are encouraged and recognized
- A positive and inclusive work environment in which diversity and cross-regional work-streams are key components
- Agile working: the office is based around a state of the art flexible floor plan called ‘Citi-Works’. This delivers a positive and bright work environment.
- A great place to be part of a socially active team: the chance to participate in regular charity events and social gatherings.