Citi, the world leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and a presence in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions worldwide. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Citi enables clients to achieve their strategic financial objectives by providing them with cutting-edge ideas, best-in-class products and solutions, and unparalleled access to capital and liquidity.
The role sits within the Deferred Compensation team which has responsibility for Equity and Deferred Cash administration for the UK across all Citi businesses and is the key interface on Equity and Deferred Cash for employees and for EMEA region HR.
The team partners with the Global Equity Compensation Unit to take ownership on all regional Equity issues.
The team also partners closely with the HR Shared Services (HRSS) team to establish and maintain payroll, accounting, reporting and reconciliation processes.
This team has a remit across all businesses in the EMEA region and collaborates closely with the International Tax and Remuneration Regulatory team owing to significant interdependencies.
The Deferred Compensation team are responsible for providing and co-ordinating specialist support for:
• 50+ Countries in EMEA;
• HR, Reward & Mobility and other business and specialist teams; and
• senior management and employees Managing and taking ownership for complex deferred equity transactions- both off cycle and year end activities.
- Managing year end disciplinary compensation adjustments from a deferred compensation perspective including partnering with key partners to establish positions for adjustments.
- Managing the update of Citi’s deferred compensation prospectuses including liaising with key global stakeholders.
- Being the primary contact for seniors within the business and the functions in respect of deferred compensation queries.
- Partnering with the Global equity team to complete the due diligence for countries to award CAP vs DCSU
- Training new members of the team on Citi’s practices and processes on buyouts and being one of the primary contacts for buyouts.
- Review of complex buyouts for the EMEA region and recommending and agreeing any changes in process with the Global Team
- Presenting to the business and MRTs on deferred compensation at MRT briefing sessions, Maintaining and building relationships with the business and wider HR community is a key part of the role and this helps to support that.
- Training the wider HR community on deferred compensation issues including informing them of the controls and governance that is managed by the team.
- Review of controls and governance in place and responsible for proposing adjustments/enhancements to processes from both an efficiency and governance perspective