The Fraud Risk Senior Manager accomplishes results through the management of professional team(s) and department(s). Integrates subject matter and industry expertise within a defined area. Contributes to standards around which others will operate. Requires in-depth understanding of how areas collectively integrate within the sub-function as well as coordinate and contribute to the objectives of the entire function. Requires basic commercial awareness. Developed communication and diplomacy skills are required in order to guide, influence and convince others, in particular colleagues in other areas and occasional external customers. Has responsibility for volume, quality, timeliness and delivery of end results of an area. May have responsibility for planning, budgeting and policy formulation within area of expertise. Involved in short-term planning resource planning. Full management responsibility of a team, which may include management of people, budget and planning, to include duties such as performance evaluation, compensation, hiring, disciplinary and terminations and may include budget approval.
- Guard against intelligent, adaptive perpetrators of financial crime.
- Analyze, design & implement transactional fraud mitigation strategies while maximizing client experience across multiple Retail and Corporate portfolios.
- Develops and implements effective Fraud detection and prevention strategies to mitigate fraud losses while ensuring an appropriate balance between risk and customer experience at application, point of sale and within client contact points.
- Proactively identifies fraud detection issues at the strategy and portfolio level and provide analytical/modeling solutions.
- Manages large scale end to end projects, including vendor score business case development, technology implementation,score model upgrades, and technological implementation assessments.
- Leverages customer data to build risk segmentation and mitigation strategies.
- Completes complex analyses identifying authentication strategy and procedure gaps, manage implementation process across several business groups to affect change.
- Leads the team of 2 fraud analysts with the focus on their development in the fraud risk management space and fraud loss mitigation techniques and methodologies; assist junior analysts with prioritization of work and demonstrate Thought Leadership when guiding the team.
- Identifies portfolio monitoring gaps and work with MIS team to develop and build necessary reporting.
- Conducts substantial interaction with Policy, Operations, Credit Risk, and other functional business partners to optimize business strategies.
- Applies subject matter expertise to the prioritization and planning of projects in conjunction with fraud management policies and strategies.
- Performs other duties and functions as assigned
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Bank Handlowy, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency, as well as effectively supervise the activity of others and create accountability with those who fail to maintain these standards.
- At least 6 years’ experience in fraud risk management;
- Experience with writing and implementing fraud strategies in leading fraud decision engines is desired.
- Previous experience in statistical and data analysis with working knowledge of at least one of the following statistical software packages: SAS/SQL (required) SPSS, or equivalent; SAS Enterprise Miner experience is a plus.
- University Master’s degree