The successful candidate will be responsible for undertaking Independent Control oversight activities for Trustee Service Operations for EMEA. Partnering with the BAU Operations team, the role holder will have responsibility for identification and addressing key control issues. Warsaw is the primary geographic focus of the role however the successful candidate will work closely with different teams across the Europe.
- Partner with Operations to identify control deficiencies and implement appropriate procedures and solutions to mitigate any risk or control losses, capture, track, learn from and minimize Operational Risk Events
- Advising on risks, appropriateness of controls, improvement needs & best practices.
- Responsible for escalating control gaps and issues to senior management
- Coordinate and conduct oversight of the Manager Control Assessment process,
- Coordinate and conduct issues and CAPs management
- Coordinate and conduct EUC policy requirements
- Coordinate and conduct COB policy requirements
- Participating in Balance Sheet Exception Report / Non Balance Sheet Exception Report Ops evaluations and reviews, .
- Conducting thematic reviews of Significant Control Events, participate in projects and control initiatives.
- Obtain, edit and consolidate data for periodic senior management reporting.
- 5-7 years of experience
- A broad understanding of the Securities Services Operations, especially Trustee business coupled with demonstrable experience in Controls related functions would be advantageous. Keen analytical skills and ability to work to a high degree of accuracy.
- Ability to work in a pressured environment and meet deadlines.
- Good organizational / time management skills.
- Ability to communicate to all levels of management.
- Confident in ability to achieve objectives by working with and influencing others those who are not under their direct control.
- Ability to question the status quo.
- Proactive in anticipating and pre-empting problems.
- Team player, highly motivated.
- Fluent English
- Bachelor’s/University degree or equivalent experience