At Arla, we do so much more than make some of the world’s favorite dairy products. We make healthy taste delicious, mornings worth getting up for and family dinners unforgettable. With well-loved brands like Apetina®,Cocio®, Lurpak®, and Castello® to our name, Arla Foods are a natural part of modern life in Poland, and over 100 countries around the world too.
Do you want to be part of building a data foundation, enabling self-service analytics, data driven applications, advanced analytics and reporting for a global organisation? Then join our team of highly competent analytics developers and be part of creating the sustainable future of dairy.
Welcome to Global Shared Services in Gdansk
Arla is a global farmer-owned organisation that is behind many well-known and loved brands, including Arla Apetina®, Castello®, Lurpak® and many, many more.
As a Data Modeler, you become a part of our Global Shared Services in Gdansk. Here, you won’t find factory machines or farmers. Instead, you will join over 400 colleagues dedicated to supporting all of Arla with IT, HR, financial and procurement operations. Joining us, you will take part in our mission to make a real difference for colleagues near and far.
With over 10 years of existence in Gdansk, we offer you a lot of knowledge and the opportunity to partake in challenging and exciting innovation projects. As a part of the Arla organisation, you will also enjoy a Scandinavian, collaborative work culture. We are all on first name terms with each other, and we truly appreciate diversity and individuality.
About the job
Analytics Power House team supports Europe’s largest Dairy, a wide range of products and the farmers who own Arla Foods through great IT solutions. As a Data Modeler, you will work closely with our data scientists, architects, product owners and external stakeholders to build our future reporting and self-service analytics solutions. You will take the lead and contribute to several initiatives associated with creating data models for analytics across the organisation. Helping us to create these, you can be sure to make a real difference for the entire organisation, and your colleagues near and far.
- Being a key developer driving the enablement of data pipelines for consumption in our front end tools
- Working with our data engineers, to bring new innovative data sources into our data foundation and provide more insights to the organisation
- Developing and driving an efficient data modelling practices across the technology stack
Who are you?
A technical expert who can own an initiative from conception to delivery engaging directly with the customers and stakeholders
Open and curious, identifying opportunities in newest technology trends and experimenting to find the best solutions
A collaborative team member who likes a highly dynamic and interactive approach to development
Able to negotiate ambiguity to deliver strong business outcomes
Furthermore, you have:
- Experience in Data Modelling in diverse environments e.g. Azure and SAP BW HANA
- Experience in SQL Server designing and developing objects, tables, data models, stored procedures, scripting, views, triggers.
- Familiar with Agile principles and practices and the application of these in delivering products.
- Ability to write complex stored procedures and scripted HANA views using SQL.
- Datasource Enhancements, function module extractors, routines, handling integration between multiple systems for reporting such as SAP ECC and SAP BW.
- It is preferable if you have hands on experience on writing ABAP code in
- Web UI / UX design skills – developing beautiful, easy to use, customer facing systems
- Exposure in at least one reporting tool like Power BI
What do we offer?
- Work in an international team & matrix structure
- Friendly atmosphere & comfortable work place (Neptun office in Gdańsk Wrzeszcz)
- Relocation package*
- Medical care & life insurance
- Additional benefits like gym card, vouchers, travel points or cinema tickets, etc.
- Fruit Wednesdays
- Trainings with experts & professional induction in a new position
- Development possibilities while taking part in internal projects
- Events, integration, like Summer or Xmas Party
- Chill out rooms with Xbox and the best coffee in the office
Application and contact
If you want to drive innovation and help your colleagues worldwide, then seize this exciting opportunity.
Please apply via this link.
Read more about Arla Global Shared Services
Global Shared Services consists of multiple functions that are all placed in the Neptun building in Gdansk – with colourful offices and a beautiful sea view.
As of now, we have an IT Operations and an IT Solutions division dedicated to SAP as well as a variety of app development and implementation projects. Our procurement and finance functions support a wide array of processes such as purchasing, distribution and sales globally.
We also have a dedicated HR operations division to ensure we attract, develop and retain the very best of talent around the world.
Together, we are all dedicated to one collective mission: ensuring an optimal global supply of fresh Arla products – every single day.