Do you consider yourself self-reliant, liable, well-organized and able to keep a number of activities in progress in parallel, balancing priorities as necessary? Are you a self-starter, taking ownership and accountability for tasks that might need an owner and remain disciplined in identifying, challenging and improving inefficiencies?
If taking care of IT services that help large enterprises to grow and improve the value IT organization provides to clients was always your dream job, do not look further and continue reading, as we might have something right for you.
As Mainframe engineer in Global Batch Management Services, you will be a member of the multi-disciplinary team that supports all Citi lines of businesses for services like User Acceptance Testing, Production Job Scheduling, Storage and Archival of statements and reports, File Transmissions across all regions. You will also work closely with all regional and global technology areas including Infrastructure, Application Development, Production Support, Operations and 3rd party vendors in order to enhance the quality, improve processes and propagate understanding of good practices across all services under your care.
- Acts as point of contact for advanced incidents and the primary client interface for strategic tools support,
- Responsible for tools administration of batch scheduling, file transfer configuration and report definitions,
- Provides 24/7 follow the sun support for critical production problems on batch scheduling, reports and file transfer services,
- Develops partnerships with customers, handle expectations and customer concerns,
- Will be advocate of the global strategy by developing our highly-collaborative workforce to use global standard tools and processes.
We have built environment that will enable you to further develop yourself, by:
- Supporting one of the largest data processing environment in the industry,
- Mastering your CA Workload Automation and TWSz scheduling skills,
- Understanding of SSL and Encryption technologies,
- Improving communication and project management skills,
- Achieve deep understanding of the Business and Technology Infrastructure organization,
- Increasing exposure to senior management,
- Directly influencing changes on a global level,
- Becoming a part of a dynamic and passionate team.
- Good analytical skills along with being a team player is a requirement for this role,
- Effective meeting management, presentation and organizational skills,
- Adequate knowledge of LINUX/Windows O/S and Oracle/DB2 is a plus,
- Hands on experience with UNIX Shell scripting (sh, ksh, csh), REXX, Perl & CGI, HTML, java is an advantage,
- ITIL Foundation certification is a plus,
- Past experience in IBM TWSz, CA Workload Automation AE (Autosys), Sterling Control Center, Connect Direct, Content On Demand and CA View tools will help you in being successful.